Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the Steelers win out on their schedule??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Can the Steelers win out on their schedule??

Because looking at things the way they stand right now in order to still win this division that is most likely what is going to have to happen. Even 1 more loss to anybody on the schedule means the Ravens have to lose 3 more games and that most likely is just not going to happen. The Ravens looking at their schedule have 4 games where they could potentially lose 2 of them with the Steelers having to win out to finish 13-3 and ahead of them in the AFC North. Those games are 2 with Cincinnati home and away who always plays the Ravens tough,San Francisco at home on Thanksgiving,and at San Diego in December. That's why now winning that game in Cincinnati this Sunday becomes even more critical. I think if the Steelers win this game that the only potential loss they have left on the schedule is at San Francisco. Kansas City is a joke,Im not worried about beating both the Bengals and Browns here on back to back weeks at home,the Rams stink,and the Steelers will win in Cleveland the last week of the season. That leaves this game Sunday and the game at Frisco as the only games where I think the Steelers could potentially lose. Nonetheless,you better hope the Steelers win out and finish 13-3 and the Ravens have another hiccup or 2 the rest of the way which they definitely can because I think that is now the only legit chance to still win this division looking at how things are shaking out the rest of the way...

Can they? I believe so. Unfortunately, they have a history of playing down to competition and with the Bengals improving, the 49ers not being pushovers and wild card teams like Kansas City, there are many opportunities to be upset. I imagine there will be at least one more loss, maybe two. You have to consider injuries and the old "any given Sunday," thing. 11-5 would not surprise me, but yes, they could go 13-3 if they somehow rally.

Do they need to? NO! Will they? NO!

I see them dropping 2 more games, Cinci and 1 more. I'm not sure I want to crown the 49ers just yet gang...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

I see them dropping 2 more games, Cinci and 1 more. I'm not sure I want to crown the 49ers just yet gang...
    If they get by Cincy next week and get the tiebraker over them going into the bye week they should be in good shape to potentially run the table the rest of the way other then the Niners game...

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

49ers haven't really played any good teams besides the Lions and if you stop Gore you beat them. I think we can stop Gore and beat them. I don't think we'll lose to cincy. The Steelers are going to come out pissed after the ravens loss and beat them in Cincy. I don't think the Bengals come to Heinz Field and beat us. Remember our D hasn't played at full strength yet because guys have always been injured and in week one Keisel got hurt early and Harrison wasn't close to 100%. Last night Harrison looked 100% so get Woodley back and those guys are gonna give QBs nightmares.

Niners behind Smith don't scare me... He's a turd playing out of his ***, see the clown Bills QB..

Cinci at their place bothers me, but I do like our chances against a rookie QB.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    49ers haven't really played any good teams besides the Lions and if you stop Gore you beat them. I think we can stop Gore and beat them. I don't think we'll lose to cincy. The Steelers are going to come out pissed after the ravens loss and beat them in Cincy. I don't think the Bengals come to Heinz Field and beat us. Remember our D hasn't played at full strength yet because guys have always been injured and in week one Keisel got hurt early and Harrison wasn't close to 100%. Last night Harrison looked 100% so get Woodley back and those guys are gonna give QBs nightmares.
    I agree there is still a lot of potential for the Steelers to run the table here and remain in this division race with the Ravens the rest of the way...

My Mood
    Love
    All they have to do is get by cincy then rest up during the bye then take care of business when they come back. If the dolphins beat the chiefs we can do the same. The browns are going to finish last again so we have a very good chance to sweep them, beat cincy again, hopefully. The monday night game in frisco will be a challenge on another level for Steelers. So one game at a time from here on out and we'll see how a spot in the playoffs pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    All they have to do is get by cincy then rest up during the bye then take care of business when they come back. If the dolphins beat the chiefs we can do the same. The browns are going to finish last again so we have a very good chance to sweep them, beat cincy again, hopefully. The monday night game in frisco will be a challenge on another level for Steelers. So one game at a time from here on out and we'll see how a spot in the playoffs pans out.
    Agreed, 1 game a time. 11-5 gets you a playoff spot like 90% of the time so we can lose 2 more at most. 12-4 means 100% chance of a playoff spot. If we are gonna lose one more the 49ers would be the best team to lose to because they are in the NFC.

No more Harbaugh losses for me please..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information