Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is clayton telling the truth or full of mularkey?

Bookmark and Share
    Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    kdka is saying that grimm's interview started at 10 am or there about this morning.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I wouldn't if Tomlin comes in as the head coach, look for him to screw up the defense and rebuild it from stratch. He does that and I will totally go berserk with the Organization and the Rooneys.
    if we hire him, you'll be all over his nuts when we start winning and saying you've been down with this since you were born............. and who's the say rivera wouldn't do the same????

tomlin or rivera will be great with the steelers, as will grimm..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Rivera or Tomlin both potentially could want to change alot of things, Grimm is the only choice where the defense would remain basically status quo. Now if they want to change the offense to get back to more run oriented style that's fine; we tried to accomplish that this year but we got behind so much we had to run all the time in the first half of the season.

My Mood
    Angry
    Why Saturday??
    Common sense would say if the Steelers are going to make an announcement that Grimm is the next head coach it would be next Monday or Tuesday at the earliest...........assuming the Bears win on Sunday and go to the Superbowl therefor the Steeler don't want to wait to interview Rivera and go ahead and pull the trigger and sign Grimm.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If they think Rivera is head and shoulders above Grimm and Tomlin, they'll wait to interview him till the Bears lose. However if all 3 candidates are neck and neck and there is no clear cut head and shoulders favorite between the the 3 they'll pull the trigger early like on Grimm or Tomlin I would think.

After hearing that the Steelers FO spent 6 hours with Grimm today then this rumor now seems to be not so much a rumor anymore...

the thing is everyone is worried that rivera and tomlin are gonna change things but couldnt change be good? i mean we have all bitched about the fact that they might screw with our defense being defenseive coaches, but our defense really didnt do that great at all last year and mabey a change is a good thing, it might not be rebuilding years like you all think considering we still have a champinship roster, were not putting new players in, or devolping players...we have a good team that already work with one of the most complicated defensive systems ever, these guys arent dummies, they can learn plays and play football...waht more can you ask for? a change is for the better being it is the right guy making the change imo

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    clayton is nothing more then a geek.......his opinion or sources hold no water imo lol................
    That's the exact reason his opinions hold water to me. The man has nothing else going for him other than his football knowledge/insider information, my wife thinks he may be the ugliest man alive.

But seriously, besides when he is picking games, how often is Clayton wrong?

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    the thing is everyone is worried that rivera and tomlin are gonna change things but couldnt change be good? i mean we have all bitched about the fact that they might screw with our defense being defenseive coaches, but our defense really didnt do that great at all last year and mabey a change is a good thing, it might not be rebuilding years like you all think considering we still have a champinship roster, were not putting new players in, or devolping players...we have a good team that already work with one of the most complicated defensive systems ever, these guys arent dummies, they can learn plays and play football...waht more can you ask for? a change is for the better being it is the right guy making the change imo
    I don't really think you can make that judgement based off of last year, with all of the turnovers we had, no defense would have had an above average year. Our D kept us in quite a few games when the O was, well sucking it up. I can think of 3 games they kept us in and the O/ST killed us with turnovers. JAX, CINCY, and *shudder* OAK.

People say we shjould have been 9-7 this year, I say we VERY EASILY should have been 11-5 this year. Who knows, we win those games,, maybe Ben has some confidence and we pull out a few more.

I digres though, the D is fine the way it is, we just may need a little more depth at LB. Although, I should clarify, i would not be objected to a Cover 2/3-4 hybrid.
    Last edited by TEEMONT; 01-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.

i love our defense, it is a suffocating one on a good day, and by no means was i calling for a complete overhall, but i was just saying we cant be hating our new guy for changing the defense a little. when i said change was a good thing, i didnt mean i wanna switch to a 4-3 or anything like that, 3-4 is superior imo.

Thread Information