Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Roger Goodell for Walt Coleman's officiating!!!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Thank you Roger Goodell for Walt Coleman's officiating!!!

First off I'm not blaming this loss on the officials, the Steelers defense allowed it, plain and simple.

Beyond disgraceful, beyond pathetic, beyond horrible officiating tonight from Walt Coleman and his entire crew. Regardless of the outcome, there is no excuse to miss that many calls and at crucial times. You are paid to make the calls, make them. I don't care if it's a judgement call or not, helmet to helmet is not a judgement call. When the guys' head snaps back and you hear a big CRACK, that usually means somebody's helmet hit somebody else's helmet.

There were atleast 6 blatant holding calls that were missed against the Ravens secondary. Wallace, Heath, and Brown all were held so many times it wasn't even funny.

Apparently though it's ok for Ray Lewis to have helmet to helmet contact but it's not ok for Ryan Clark. Both should have been flagged, and both were out in the open. It wasn't like there was a sea of bodies around that shielded their view.

Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    This game left the worst taste in my mouth. The worst part of all is Ben, the o-line, and WR's did their job. Ravens, give a round of applause to the refs and William Gay!

Im not even going there with the refs, they had nothing to do with that last drive. it was a 92 yard drive and we didnt stop them. Im not complaining about the refs. Makes us sound like ratbird fans when they lose to us.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Pretty sure the "pass interference" at the end of the game was more on Torrey Smith than it was on Willie Gay also.

Rookie Free Agent
    WAAAAAAAAAA

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Like I said, I'm not blaming the officials for this loss. I blame the defense for not being able to hold on. The fact is though there were so many missed calls, there is just no excuse.

I don't want to go there but we lost Ward on a blatant helmet to helmet that was uncalled. Who knows how that drive ends? Instead we punt.

They get stopped on 3rd down same situation but the penalty extends the drive. Pretty sure that was on one of their touchdown drives.

Complete momentum shift based on two plays that should have been called the same way.

I also loved where Collingsworth shows a video package of how great the Ravens are covering Wallace and you see blatant holding impeding Wallace which was never flagged.

You would think this game of all games this year would have had all of these personal fouls called, but to only see them called one way leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Again though the Steelers inability to get off the field on third down and failure to stop a 92 yard TD drive is why they lost.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is the type of game where you expect a lot of personal fouls, I agree, but instead they chose to ignore just about everything that was completely obvious and then throw the flag on questionable calls. Atleast be consistent and either call everything or call nothing, don't do this throw a flag here and there when you think it's time too or to make up for one you miss before. Honestly that what it looked like.

Joe Flakeco face makes me sick.He always has that ****ing look like he's been snorting glue out of a bag.what a horse **** game.congrats to the ravens for pulling this one out of your ***,but you can still GO **** YOURSELVES.

Thread Information