Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: This one is on Dick Lebeau

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    I am pretty great. Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,428
    The defense had some flashes of brilliance, but for the most part, they performed poorly. We are very lucky that the game was as close as it was. Some players just don't seem to bring their A game every week.

  2. #32
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    The defense had some flashes of brilliance, but for the most part, they performed poorly. We are very lucky that the game was as close as it was. Some players just don't seem to bring their A game every week.
    Perhaps they A game is just not good enough. Maybe they bring it but they just aren't talented enough, or focused enough, to get the job done. It's a sad thing to consider and something we've all known for a long time, or thought we've know. The first half of the season they played well and last week they played lights out. Perhaps the Ravens just our number today or perhaps the Steelers defense is coming back to earth.

  3. #33
    I am pretty great. Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Perhaps they A game is just not good enough. Maybe they bring it but they just aren't talented enough, or focused enough, to get the job done. It's a sad thing to consider and something we've all known for a long time, or thought we've know. The first half of the season they played well and last week they played lights out. Perhaps the Ravens just our number today or perhaps the Steelers defense is coming back to earth.
    There are certain players who don't seem to be capable of consistently having good play. Last night, even Taylor, who has looked exceptional, was tooled on some plays. There is a lack of consistency right now. I don't know if it is due to a long season last year, due to age or due to lack of talent; however, there is something missing on this team.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Love how you aren't on here for mouths and then you come on for a day and decide that we're all "nearsighted" fans.
    The rate at which I'm on, which you've brought up twice as if it's some kind of requirement to comment or a measure of knowledgeability, has nothing to do with the fact that I'm calling just you and one other person nearsighted. I don't think the two of you constitute "all."

    Unless 43 puts on his one man defensive show or the offense just takes the other team's heart out of the game, this secondary is one of the worst in the league and has been for years.

  5. #35
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    The rate at which I'm on, which you've brought up twice as if it's some kind of requirement to comment or a measure of knowledgeability, has nothing to do with the fact that I'm calling just you and one other person nearsighted. I don't think the two of you constitute "all."

  6. #36
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I'm not nearsighted. I'm not just referring to this season. That's the point. Obviously you and the other one don't understand the definition of nearsightedness. You thought Gay and Clark were good all of the sudden because they didn't get eaten alive this season, and you decided to forget how miserable they've been in the past. Go hang out with Giants fans and talk about how Gay and Clark are good and how Eli Manning is now an elite quarterback.
    I never said Clark or Gay were "great" or even "good". Gl trying to find somewhere that I did say this. The secondary as a GROUP is alot better than it has been. Why would giant fans want to talk about Gay or Clark anyway Try to find another site to be a smartass on or trying to be one. Im still waiting for the list of the other 5 or so qb's that lit up our secondary, that has less than a 80 rating. You know, but maybe you forgot already

    --- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:27 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    The rate at which I'm on, which you've brought up twice as if it's some kind of requirement to comment or a measure of knowledgeability, has nothing to do with the fact that I'm calling just you and one other person nearsighted. I don't think the two of you constitute "all."

    Unless 43 puts on his one man defensive show or the offense just takes the other team's heart out of the game, this secondary is one of the worst in the league and has been for years.
    We are third in pass defense this year. I guees that is bad? Maybe it starts with the front seven not getting enough pressure on the qb and maybe that opp QB is getting to much time to sit in the pocket. Ever think of it that way? Probably not.

    --- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:28 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    1.The rate of which he is on:Slow

    2.Using big words makes him sound smart, well atleast to him.

    3. Thinks being 3rd in the league on pass defense is "bad"


  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I never said Clark or Gay were "great" or even "good". Gl trying to find somewhere that I did say this. The secondary as a GROUP is alot better than it has been. Why would giant fans want to talk about Gay or Clark anyway Try to find another site to be a smartass on or trying to be one. Im still waiting for the list of the other 5 or so qb's that lit up our secondary, that has less than a 80 rating. You know, but maybe you forgot already

    --- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:27 PM ---



    We are third in pass defense this year. I guees that is bad? Maybe it starts with the front seven not getting enough pressure on the qb and maybe that opp QB is getting to much time to sit in the pocket. Ever think of it that way? Probably not.

    --- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:28 PM ---



    1.The rate of which he is on:Slow

    2.Using big words makes him sound smart, well atleast to him.

    3. Thinks being 3rd in the league on pass defense is "bad"

    I said nearsighted, as in this season. If you go back to seasons before this one, this secondary was a disaster, and did get lit up by bad teams, and bad quarterbacks. I'm not going to sift through gamelogs for you.

    1. You don't capitalize after a colon.

    2. "At least" is two words.

    3. You're an idiot.

  8. #38
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,600
    Okay...

    I purposefully waited before I posted anything about the game. I needed to get over being upset and to be able to look at things somewhat objectively.

    1. The lack of pass rush up the middle is coming back to bit us again. If Flacco could have been pressured up the middle more, then Flacco couldn't have stepped up. There is no pass rush without the linebackers getting involved and when the linebackers are blitzing.......

    2. That leads to no linebacker coverage on the tightends who destroyed us all nite. So much so that Troy had to come down and start to cover Pita. Which took away coverage from the secondary.

    3. As much as I praised Lebeau for his game plan against Brady last week, Lebeau's stubbornness of not mixing in man coverages with zone angers me. To say the least.

    4. We need another safety to go along with Troy. I'm tired of Clark and his lack of coverage and constantly having bad angles. He doesn't seem to be improving.


    Next year in the draft, we need to address these areas in this order:

    1. Cornerback
    2. Nose Tackle for the 3-4 (Defensive Tackle)
    3. Offensive lineman

    And adding an additional defensive tackle by free agency would also be ideal. Because we need to be able to get pressure on the QB from the defensive line. That is the key problem we are having on defense.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #39
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I said nearsighted, as in this season. If you go back to seasons before this one, this secondary was a disaster, and did get lit up by bad teams, and bad quarterbacks. I'm not going to sift through gamelogs for you.

    1. You don't capitalize after a colon.

    2. "At least" is two words.

    3. You're an idiot.
    Good job trying to defend your arugument I read on the BaltimoreSun that they are looking for more Steeler trolls. You would be a perfect candidate. Also, you shouldnt have to go through alot of game logs. You made it sound so easy that we get lit up by ****** Qb's, yet you fail to put a couple on here. Come on man, if you aint gonna atleast put 2-3 on here then stop trying to win a argument. Im done with you, so if you respond dont expect to get responded back to.

  10. #40
    Rookie Free Agent uclkyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ok, when the team is just dinking and dunking it on you and not really throwing anything over 10 yards, could you please switch out of zone and into man? Also, I dont think the steelers had 1, 3 and out this whole game(correct me if im wrong) but seriouly its rediculous. Joe was 12-14 on 3rd down coversions or more. I think the defense looked as bad as the Pats did the week before except for Harrison. Also, how many of you here saw Rice side carting Flacco and said "The ball is going to rice" just for him to be wide open in the flat to catch a pass for a first down. Twice I think we had Kiesel come out and guard him. IS DL CRAZY, putting a dlinemen on a running back. I just cant believe it took him so long to adjust to the ravens short passing game. We were so succesful in shutting down the GOAT Qb last week and his weapons but decided not to give up the big play against the Ravens? I know Im ranting on this, but losing 2 to the ravens during the season can be as bad as it gets. I know we might make the playoffs and so be it, but i think losing to these loudmouths twice sucks major balls IMHO. Tomlin was outcoached, DL was outcoached. Arians did a good job and Ben did a good jon running the offense. It was a shame how many times we had a chance to get off the field and necer did. It's not like they were all 3rd and shorts. Some were more than 3 and 6. The turnover ratio is pathetic to. I dont know when the team will get an interception but something is def wrong somewhere.
    Actually, they were in man pretty much the entire night....at least during the critical times. The defense wasn't good, but not because of DL. Poor execution.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LeBeau to blame for seconday problems?
    By DanRooney in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:48 PM
  2. Steelers Players, Rod Woodson Want Dick LeBeau In Hall Of Fame
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 04:19 AM
  3. LeBeau honored before KO
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM
  4. Lebeau enterts his 50th season
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •