Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This one is on Dick Lebeau

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    My question is, if the zone defense did so well for us against the Patriots, why wouldn't we go back to that when the Ravens offense was looking very Patriot like for the entire game? Ah, to be in Dick LeBeau's head.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Because the guy who is supposed to call the plays is an idiot and doesn't want to lose his job every time he calls a bad play, so he just lets the quarterback call the plays so when there is a f$%k up, everyone blames the quarterback instead of him. He's a crafty fat bastard.
    This is just...dumb. I know you haven't been here in a while, but uh, when's the last time we've blamed Ben for the playcalling instead of Arians? Usually you blame the guy who's actually calling the plays, which was Ben. I don't understand where you're getting this notion that for some reason the playcall was Arians' fault.

How the hell did we not strip him on the first play if the last drive? And I swear there were about 3 fumbles we didn't recover.,,Ahhhhhjjj

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I would have never said the defense did great even if we won. Did you see the TOP the first half? Plus my main point was why it took DL so long to make any kind of adjustments.
    If they held the Ravens to 16 points, they would've done great. These are all NFL teams with salary caps. This isn't the $200 million Yankees versus the $50 million Royals. You're rarely going to see the defense dominate another team's offense on the majority of plays. A good defense will make stops at specific points in order to keep the other team from putting up points. They held the Ravens to 16 points and gave the ball back to the their offense. Steelers score and the game ends 27-16. You just can't expect more from this defense, not with the personnel we have.

Will we have an interception this year?

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 11:30 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    If they held the Ravens to 16 points, they would've done great. These are all NFL teams with salary caps. This isn't the $200 million Yankees versus the $50 million Royals. You're rarely going to see the defense dominate another team's offense on the majority of plays. A good defense will make stops at specific points in order to keep the other team from putting up points. They held the Ravens to 16 points and gave the ball back to the their offense. Steelers score and the game ends 27-16. You just can't expect more from this defense, not with the personnel we have.
    I can expect Joe Flacco not to covert 13 3rd downs. But he did.

My Mood
    Addicted
    LaMarr had an int.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    LaMarr had an int.
    O yea, Oops, it sucks working sundays anymore, cant get to see alot of games. So tonight I took a PH, and they lost lmfao.

My Mood
    Addicted
    O yea, Oops, it sucks working sundays anymore, cant get to see alot of games. So tonight I took a PH, and they lost lmfao.
    STUPID! You better be working next week..

STUPID! You better be working next week..
    Actually I will work next week. Then me and the lady are gonna try to get tickets to there next home game after the bye. We were supposed to go tonight but she couldnt get off work tommorow. Im glad I didnt now. It would have been a long trip back to williamsport,pa.

Banned
    This is just...dumb. I know you haven't been here in a while, but uh, when's the last time we've blamed Ben for the playcalling instead of Arians? Usually you blame the guy who's actually calling the plays, which was Ben. I don't understand where you're getting this notion that for some reason the playcall was Arians' fault.
    You leave a monkey to watch your child; the monkey ends up killing your child, and you blame the monkey. That is the definition of....dumb.

I'm not going to blame or praise the quarterback for scoring or f#%king up when the coaches allow him to call his own plays. In the end, those plays belong to the coaches, and it's their decision to allow the quarterback to call his own plays. If he makes f#%ks up, it's their fault.

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 11:30 PM ---

I can expect Joe Flacco not to covert 13 3rd downs. But he did.
    With Gay and Clark in the backfield, and all you've seen from them over the years, your expectation was wishful thinking.

Thread Information