Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The bright side

Bookmark and Share

The bright side

Sure that loss sucked but Steelers are still in good shape to make the playoffs. 6-3 and 11-5 gets you a playoff spot for sure so we just can't lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. Only tough team left is the 49ers and they are beatable. Bengals are a decent team but they haven't played anybody good yet they will go 9-7 with the steelers twice, ravens twice, and houston on their schedule. Sure it sucks but the season isn't over. Lets not forge the bengals beat us twice when we won the superbowl.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree and the silver lining is we have a chance to be healthy when it counts

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Right now, with the game just 15 minutes old, there isn't much of a bright side considering you have been swept by the Ravens and you now have a team with confidence like the Bengals at home who are flying high. Sure the Steelers are not out of it yet, 6-3 is not a bad record at all and certainly many things can happen but this was a game the Steelers had to win and could not.

This game was a must win for many reasons.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

the only silver lining was the offensive line played great

Could be worse. Imagine if we had got owned by New England again. Then we'd be 5-4 and fighting for our playoff lives.

Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    Sure that loss sucked but Steelers are still in good shape to make the playoffs. 6-3 and 11-5 gets you a playoff spot for sure so we just can't lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. Only tough team left is the 49ers and they are beatable. Bengals are a decent team but they haven't played anybody good yet they will go 9-7 with the steelers twice, ravens twice, and houston on their schedule. Sure it sucks but the season isn't over. Lets not forge the bengals beat us twice when we won the superbowl.
    I really wouldnt be suprised if Cincy made the playoffs. It wouldnt be a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I really wouldnt be suprised if Cincy made the playoffs. It wouldnt be a shocker.
    Possible but I doubt it. They have 5 hard games left and the Jets or bills will likely get a wild card spot with us getting the other one.

My Mood
    Addicted
    This is not unexpected. A lot of us predicted that we'd go 1-2 against the Pats and Ravens. Yeah, it would have been preferred to beat the Ravens than the Pats, but it is what it is. The season is far from over.

And let's not forget, the Ravens have been pretty terrible against bad teams. The division is not even close to being clenched for them.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    This was a tough one. I lost my family somewhere when I offered to be the hitperson for certain Raven players....and officials. LOL! But we almost had them.....in spite of the officials and without key players and no bye. At least this wasn't like game 1. They've beaten us in regular season and still lost in the playoffs. The way they've played other games this season, it doesn't look like a SBis in the cards for them this year either. Let's hold out some hope everybody.

Thread Information