Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So much for the Will Gay resurrection

Bookmark and Share
    The sooner we get this diarreah out our system the better. Let's move on to what is now a huge game - the Cincinnati Bengals.

Gay had a rough night, CLark took a bad angle on the play, refs were questionable all night (Ray Lewis hit on Hines, CLarks hit) (PI on Ike, AB being mugged in end zone - nothing), but when you allow a team to convert 14/21 on 3rd down, you're playing with fire. That is the #1 stat that needs to be addresses. Yes, Woody and Farrior were out, but Foote and Worilds played OK. Wish to hell that Foote could have coralled that tipped pass at mid-field on the final drive, but I wish for a lot of things.

Overall, not worried. Had the Steelers been blown out again, I would be. We'll see them again and next time, the Steelers will win when it counts - in the playoffs.

Next up, Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Rule #1 when you have the lead late in the game, never let anyone behind you. The secondary let Bouldin and Smith behind almost the entire drive. He was picked on all day long, out of position all day long, couldn't make the play to save his life.
    When we initially picked Gay in the draft, I thought he would be a real asset. Unfortunately this is not so and the league knows this and he is constantly toast. We need to get rid of him and in the next draft, pick up some DBs that can do the job. I am also not impressed by Taylor who everyone seems to love. He is getting beat more often than not.

After half Harbaugh said they were going to go after our corners I guess he meant Gay...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Paul View Post
    When we initially picked Gay in the draft, I thought he would be a real asset. Unfortunately this is not so and the league knows this and he is constantly toast. We need to get rid of him and in the next draft, pick up some DBs that can do the job. I am also not impressed by Taylor who everyone seems to love. He is getting beat more often than not.
    I don't have an issue with how Gay has played for most of the year, one could argue he's having a pro bowl type season. However last night he was beaten repeatedly but thanks to the Ravens receivers dropping passes it won't go down in the record books as anything other than just an incomplete. We should expect to see a different Ike Taylor this week, the one that we're used to seeing in the past.

Gay though, as much as we rag on him here and myself included, I'm not ready to say he's going to regress back to last season. Let's see how he recovers this weekend vs the Bengals. Now if he gets beaten by a rookie QB then yeah there's cause for concern again.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't have an issue with how Gay has played for most of the year, one could argue he's having a pro bowl type season. However last night he was beaten repeatedly but thanks to the Ravens receivers dropping passes it won't go down in the record books as anything other than just an incomplete. We should expect to see a different Ike Taylor this week, the one that we're used to seeing in the past.
    A probowl type season? Come on BRC, let's not get ahead of ourselves here

That being said I don't think he's as bad as everyone is now making it seem. He had a bad drive, maybe a bad game, but so did everyone else in the secondary.

Thread Information