Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So much for the Will Gay resurrection

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Gay had a bad game but there were 10 other STEELERS on the field during that drive...
    Yeah but that man wasn't their man. That was gays man. His blown coverage. I don't care if there's no pass rush, that doesn't mean gay and clark are void from doing their job. Ike got burned as well. It's not all on gay but he didn't help. He didn't do his job when it counted. I'd rather see Cortez allen make that mistake than him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I dont think gay was the only reason why joe coverted 13 or so 3rd downs. Wait its all on Gay >.>
    No, but he was by far the weak link on that last drive. I don't know the exact percentage, but I wanna say for 75% of Flacco's completed passes on the final drive, it was Gay on coverage, which pretty much tells you one thing. Everyone else was doing their jobs, and Gay screwed up.

It doesn't matter that RC wasn't in position. Gay interfered and the ball was gonna be placed at the 2 ne way

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I dont think gay was the only reason why joe coverted 13 or so 3rd downs. Wait its all on Gay >.>
    No it's not on all on Will Gay, you can blame Clark and Taylor as well. Troy was the only one in the secondary that really had a solid night. Even he though was questionably out of position on the one play where Taylor was beaten deep and Smith couldn't hang on to the deep pass.

Gay has had a good year, we can agree on that, but when it comes down to big games like this you expect your play makers to make plays and tonight he didn't.

The touchdown at least was on Clark all the way. You just don't line a CB up against a really fast WR without having some sort of over the top help in that situation. I mean, its not even like they tried to do anything fancy on the play. He ran straight down the sideline and caught the ball and Clark was not even remotely close to help him. Gay had as good coverage on that play as you could expect.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    The touchdown at least was on Clark all the way. You just don't line a CB up against a really fast WR without having some sort of over the top help in that situation. I mean, its not even like they tried to do anything fancy on the play. He ran straight down the sideline and caught the ball and Clark was not even remotely close to help him. Gay had as good coverage on that play as you could expect.
    The touchdown was not all on Gay, and I maintain that Torrey Smith got away with a huge push off that went in the favor of the offense and not the defense. However, Gay allowed what should have been a touchdown before that, and I wanna say 3 or 4 other first downs on that drive to Boldin.

Why he was even matched up one on one with Boldin in the first place? I don't know.

14 of 21 on 3rd downs... You'll lose everytime!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

He played the game he played versus New England last season. Very poor performance from the secondary as a whole right after we started to commend them. They made Flacco look like Brady.

Waterboy
    True, but I think the refs could've called offsetting penalties on that pass. Gay was pushing and shoving (no more than Revis does on every play, though) but the receiver shoved him pretty hard to get separation, and you could plainly see almost full extension of his arm. That is almost always going to be called Offensive PI when the official is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    It doesn't matter that RC wasn't in position. Gay interfered and the ball was gonna be placed at the 2 ne way

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteeler View Post
    True, but I think the refs could've called offsetting penalties on that pass. Gay was pushing and shoving (no more than Revis does on every play, though) but the receiver shoved him pretty hard to get separation, and you could plainly see almost full extension of his arm. That is almost always going to be called Offensive PI when the official is right there.
    You're 100% right... Should of been called on both players not one, that was horrid!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information