Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We missed LaMarr Woodley big time tonight

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I said it before and I'll say it again, it's something in the water in Pittsburgh. This "losing playmakers to injury" thing is not something that's specific to the Steelers. The Pens have a huge problem with that also.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again, it's something in the water in Pittsburgh. This "losing playmakers to injury" thing is not something that's specific to the Steelers. The Pens have a huge problem with that also.
    true dat

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

You have to think he would have helped. The Steelers were not getting enough pressure on third down, so you would think that Woodley's presence (considering his play of late) would have improved the ability to dial in pressure. More than likely, the Ravens would have kept another guy in to block, or they would have taken their chances. Perhaps they would not have converted some of those third downs, maybe Flacco would have faced more pressure or been sacked another time or two; you never know. Still, they won and that's that.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's funny how so many, myself included, criticized him early in the year and now that he's gone for a game you realize what you had in him. Credit goes as much to the defensive line as anyone but the dropoff between Worilds and Woodley is like the freekin grand canyon. I was really hoping Worilds would take this chance and run with it, really establishing himself as a guy of the future. This was a prime chance and he just completely blew it again. The Ravens Tackles are not world beaters here, and you expect Harrison to have 3 Sacks in a game like this but Worilds I was hoping for atleast some pressure now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The ramifications of losing all these playmakers, week after week after week is just going to take it's toll sooner or later. Credit the front 7 for doing all they could to get pressure, and Harrison certainly didn't disappoint. Hampton also found himself in the backfield on several occasions.

You can't replace a good like Woodley with someone like Worilds and expect nothing to change. I get the whole "standard is the standard" but Worilds isn't experienced enough or just flat out good enough yet to be able to turn it on after missing so much time like Harrison can.
    Worilds did absolutely nothing in the game. Unless he improves tremendously, this was a poor selection in the draft. Woodley definitely would have made a difference.

Thread Information