Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We missed LaMarr Woodley big time tonight

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

We missed LaMarr Woodley big time tonight

Say what you want about the guy, how he's a streaky player, has his bad games, whatever, but he would have made all the difference in this game tonight. Harrison was awesome, but he can only do so much as one person. If we had Harrison and Woodley out on the field tonight, there's no way the Ravens get that last touchdown of the game, guaranteed. The only time Flacco was pressured at all on that drive was on the very first snap, and to stop a drive like that, you need pressure. This guy needs to get back on the field ASAP so we have a consistent pass rush.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree, but cmon other than Harrison no pressure. Somebody has to step up!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Love
    True. But the fact remains that he was out and we had our chances to win without him and blew it. We beat ourselves due to stupid penalties that cost us dearly. Great game no doubt.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No doubt, the Steelers defense missed Woodley big time. In a game like this where violent hits are more common than points, you need to have everybody available to pressure the Ravens offense. The Steelers were able to generate some pressure but Flacco had too much time too often. Harrison had a fine game, 3 Sacks and a FF but Worilds was completely overmatched and totally swallowed up by the blocking.

The defense was able to stop the run, which was great, however the pass rush just didn't get there quick enough or often enough. Ray Rice was held to 43 yds. and Ricky Williams to 24 yds. They were a half step too late and on those throws where they "almost" had it were some big plays from the Ravens offense, especially on 3rd down. Those are situations where you like to having 2 bookend pass rushers coming at the same time is going to pay off with one of them getting to the Quarterback and making the play.

Streaky or not the guy has been on fire for the last 4 weeks. If he's in there maybe the pass rush gets there more often. Nobody knows for sure but I'd bet on our chances for more sacks if both Deebo and Wood are in there.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-07-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Definitely missed Wood but don't know that he would have made a difference. Just a tough loss...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm almost positive he would have made a difference. That last drive Flacco would have been pressured much more and would not have been as consistent and smooth as he was for those 92 yards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Say what you want about the guy, how he's a streaky player, has his bad games, whatever, but he would have made all the difference in this game tonight. Harrison was awesome, but he can only do so much as one person. If we had Harrison and Woodley out on the field tonight, there's no way the Ravens get that last touchdown of the game, guaranteed. The only time Flacco was pressured at all on that drive was on the very first snap, and to stop a drive like that, you need pressure. This guy needs to get back on the field ASAP so we have a consistent pass rush.
    The defense did its job as far as I'm concerned. The Steelers offense would've scored only 13 points if it had not been for the defense. Then the defense stopped the Ravens offense with just over 4 minutes left, and all the Steelers offense had to do was score even a field goal to force the Ravens to score a TD just for the tie. A delay of game on a field goal that would've given the team a 7 point lead is a perfect reflection of the ineptitude of this coaching staff, headed by Omar Epps and his fat sidekick.

This is not a defense that is going to shut teams down. If we can't score more than 20 points against an equally old Ravens defense that got lit up by the Cardinals last week, then we have no business competing for the postseason.

He probably would have helped, but who knows. All I know is Worlids is officially a bust in my book.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I'm almost positive he would have made a difference. That last drive Flacco would have been pressured much more and would not have been as consistent and smooth as he was for those 92 yards.
    There were times with Harrison, Keisel, and Hood I believe too were THIS close to getting to the Quarterback. You have to think that Woodley would have made some type of difference. Harrison was beating double teams all day long, which means Worilds wasn't doing jack on the other side.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The ramifications of losing all these playmakers, week after week after week is just going to take it's toll sooner or later. Credit the front 7 for doing all they could to get pressure, and Harrison certainly didn't disappoint. Hampton also found himself in the backfield on several occasions.

You can't replace a good like Woodley with someone like Worilds and expect nothing to change. I get the whole "standard is the standard" but Worilds isn't experienced enough or just flat out good enough yet to be able to turn it on after missing so much time like Harrison can.

Thread Information