Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst 3rd down defense I`ve ever seen

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Ravens' continuous 3rd down conversions was ultimately their key to victory. By keeping Steeler "D" on the field they wore down our defense, setting up the final victorious drive.
    STEELSPIKES

I think the Steelers looked a lot better playing man coverage and not blitzing as often than they did last night. Too much soft zone, not enough pressure up the middle, and shame on them for allowing 66% of 3rd downs to be converted.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I just know it was ugly!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That TD to Wallace was supposed to be a TD to Brown! Ben got lucky there. Whoever was covering Brown on that play looked to have some pretty good coverage.

I don't know why everyone thinks the offense and Ben played so terrific today. He, once again, looked off his marker to me.
    He also got lucky on 2 tips that Jerricho was able to catch. He was around 50% passing, I wouldn't call that a good game at all. Last week he out played one of the best ever, this week he played like Joe average in the purple.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Flacco converted 14-21 3rd downs tonight. Absolutely no excuse to give up 3rd and 8, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 15. Absolutely beyond disgraceful. You simply cannot allow them to move the chains like that. The pressure was getting there some of the time but we missed Woodley tonight regardless of how well Harrison did.

The Secondary was out of position all night long. When you have 3rd downs you cannot allow guys to get behind you or allow them to get a step on you in a crossing pattern without having help from the Safety or Linebacker in the middle. The Ravens continually converted 3rd downs by using the middle of the field. It's been the bane of the Steelers existence for so long now and you thought maybe they started to get it figured out after that performance last week. You play man to man and crowd the middle. It worked last week but this week they were having none of that success in those situations. There were gaping holes in the flat all night long.
    What third down defense??? It didn't exist at all. There is no excuse for allowing Flacco to continually eat them up on third down! Where was the pass rush other than Harrison? We needed to put Flacco on his butt.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    He also got lucky on 2 tips that Jerricho was able to catch. He was around 50% passing, I wouldn't call that a good game at all. Last week he out played one of the best ever, this week he played like Joe average in the purple.
    Last week he also played against the #32 ranked passing defense in the league. This week he played against the #5 passing defense in the league. Coincidence? I think not. Still waiting for Ben to perform well against solid defenses.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Last week he also played against the #32 ranked passing defense in the league. This week he played against the #5 passing defense in the league. Coincidence? I think not. Still waiting for Ben to perform well against solid defenses.
    Just dont let the ranking fool you, the ratbirds havent played anyone! Nobody in the AFCN has

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

The corners really didn't show up to this one. 22, 23, 24 or 28, it didn't matter: They weren't good. I just can't tell if it was great execution by the Ravens, poor execution by the corners, a bad defensive plan or a combination thereof.

I just want to know how one week you can shut down Tom Brady and the next week you can be eaten alive by Joe 'Friggen' Flacco on third downs all night long.

Extremely frustrating.... especially living and working among ratbird fans.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The defense choked. plain and simple.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information