Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Worst 3rd down defense I`ve ever seen

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    We could not stop Joe Flacco on 3rd down. Joe frigiin flacco. Are you kidding me! I hate to say it but we deserve to lose this game. Ben sorry you played pretty damn well again, but our defense let you down.
    Yes 3rd down defense was the number one reason we lost. Ben played well? His interception was something a rookie QB throws. He didn't score a TD until there was about 10 or 12 minutes left. I wouldn't say he played well at all.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  2. #12
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    The loss sucks but i'm proud of their performance although it wasn't top notch. The ravens had what it took to beat our steelers and they came to play as always. I applaud both teams for their tireless efforts and don't count the Steelers out just yet.
    How refreshing to see an intelligent post.

  3. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    I heard the announcers say the rats converted 14 of 21 3rd downs and how ridiculously impressive that is. I am in shock the steeler D melted down like this.
    Yup, it was 14-21. Many of them were long too (over 5 yards) as well. Just horrible defense.

    The Steeler playmakers didn't step up and didn't make plays. We used to have a timely INT in a game like that last night, coming down the wire. Where was that? Suggs made one on us when we were driving. Just an embarassment.

  4. #14
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by OOPS! View Post
    How refreshing to see an intelligent post.
    Yeah, we're all waiting to see one from you.

  5. #15
    Stairwayto7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    Posts
    6,544
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Yes 3rd down defense was the number one reason we lost. Ben played well? His interception was something a rookie QB throws. He didn't score a TD until there was about 10 or 12 minutes left. I wouldn't say he played well at all.
    Starting scoring TDs after we went to no huddle and ben was calling plays! Yeah Ben threw a shiatty pick! But come on, his throw on third and 15 and the TD to Wallace, Ben looked pretty sharp!


    **** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

  6. #16
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Starting scoring TDs after we went to no huddle and ben was calling plays! Yeah Ben threw a shiatty pick! But come on, his throw on third and 15 and the TD to Wallace, Ben looked pretty sharp!
    That TD to Wallace was supposed to be a TD to Brown! Ben got lucky there. Whoever was covering Brown on that play looked to have some pretty good coverage.

    I don't know why everyone thinks the offense and Ben played so terrific today. He, once again, looked off his marker to me.

  7. #17
    Stairwayto7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    Posts
    6,544
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That TD to Wallace was supposed to be a TD to Brown! Ben got lucky there. Whoever was covering Brown on that play looked to have some pretty good coverage.

    I don't know why everyone thinks the offense and Ben played so terrific today. He, once again, looked off his marker to me.
    I thought he started out slow, but ended up strong! Do we know for sure the pass was for Brown??? I know what it looked liked, but did Ben say?


    **** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

  8. #18
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I thought he started out slow, but ended up strong! Do we know for sure the pass was for Brown??? I know what it looked liked, but did Ben say?
    The pass was 100% for Brown. You don't need to hear anything from Ben, you can just look at the play.

  9. #19
    Stairwayto7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    Posts
    6,544
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    The pass was 100% for Brown. You don't need to hear anything from Ben, you can just look at the play.
    probably? or for certain?

    --- Added 11/7/2011 at 08:08 AM ---

    ok ill back off a tad didnt realize he was 20 of 37. still with 330 yards had a solid game and ran for two big first downs.


    **** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

  10. #20
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That pass was for Brown, I would say it's pretty clear. Antonio had his receiver beat and he was taking a step forward and ready to catch it and Wallace ran the crossing pattern and catch it. Perhaps he was worried that the defender was going to jump that route and make the INT, we don't know that for sure. You could tell though that AB was little irritated about it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LeBeau feeling good about this Defense!
    By Steel Trap86 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  2. Who has league's No. 1 defense?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
  3. NFL team rankings in offense, defense, coaching and intangibles
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM
  4. For Steelers' defense, it's a matter of time.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •