Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Ravens' D is not Pats' D...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    C-Town
    Posts
    3,950
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Short passes will kill ANY pass rush, most of yaw didn't think we would beat the cheaters, we are going to beat the Rats, mainly because we owe them and secondly because we are on a mission to bring home stair way to seven PT 2 Unfinished business...Since we can play man to man now and get physical with the opponents receiver's It's on!!!Plus i wanna add that Lergursky started in week one Foster will do a way better job blocking as long as we have a RB/TE chipping Suggs especially on 3rd downs we will be ok
    Last edited by HUNT4SEVEN; 11-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.

  2. #12
    Draft Pick mwittman5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BURGH View Post
    Short passes will kill ANY pass rush, most of yaw didn't think we would beat the cheaters, we are going to beat the Rats, mainly because we owe them and secondly because we are on a mission to bring home stair way to seven PT 2 Unfinished business...Since we can play man to man now and get physical with the opponents receiver's It's on!!!Plus i wanna add that Lergursky started in week one Foster will do a way better job blocking as long as we have a RB/TE chipping Suggs especially on 3rd downs we will be ok
    Also Gilbert is playing pretty well at RT. He was thrown into the fire week 1 when Colon got hurt.

  3. #13
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ohio (Clowns country)
    Posts
    1,866
    My Mood
    Clowns
    ya and Joe Flacco isn't Tom Brady either.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

  4. #14
    SteelDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    5,432
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    In regards to the babe's comment...

    While I trust that the Steelers' fan base is one of the more football-knowledgeable ones out there, I also know that we can be a bit 'pollyanna' when it comes to our team.

    It is not uncommon for SteelerFan to wonder aloud during a game "why arent we doing what we did last week?" There is a reason for that and it is called 'the opponent.'

    My thread was simply to make clear to all of us that this is a far cry from what we faced last week. I guarantee someone on the gameday forum will bitch about this exact subject tomorrow night.

    And just because we arent the ones in pads doesnt mean we shouldn't over or underestimate the opponent. You know that as well as anyone babe.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk


    http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

  5. #15
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,114
    Seeing this is a fan-driven community, we (the fans) can really only talk on our own behalf. I mean, if we did not there would be no need for having a forum where people could voice their opinions. Sure, the coaching staff does not give a flying **** about whether or not people on Steeleraddicts over- or underestimate Ravens in whichever aspect we may discuss, but that could be said about pretty much every single post in here (at least I REALLY REALLY hope so )
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  6. #16
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Seeing this is a fan-driven community, we (the fans) can really only talk on our own behalf. I mean, if we did not there would be no need for having a forum where people could voice their opinions. Sure, the coaching staff does not give a flying **** about whether or not people on Steeleraddicts over- or underestimate Ravens in whichever aspect we may discuss, but that could be said about pretty much every single post in here (at least I REALLY REALLY hope so )
    This........... well said my friend......

  7. #17
    I am pretty great. Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,428
    I highly doubt any of these players or coaches are underestimating what the Ravens are capable of on defense or offense, for that matter. The Ravens defense kept consistent pressure on Roethlisberger and crew in week one which translated to no success and too many turnovers. Their offense set the tone for the game, dominated the line of scrimmage and made plays every time they had the ball. If anything, I am slightly worried that the Steelers may overestimate the capabilities of the Ravens and go into one of those "play not to lose" plans.

    The Ravens definitely are not the Patriots: The Ravens offense relies on the short passing game like the Patriots; however, they do not have the same talent at the QB position which prevents them from being as effective as the Pats. The defense is the complete opposite. They get a ton of pressure and have guys who are capable of covering, or at least capitalizing on poorly thrown balls. Last week, the Steelers dominated the NE defense which helped beat the NE offense. This week, the Steelers cannot give up easy points to the Baltimore offense, because that defense will not be as weak as NE's.

    This will be a very interesting game. Baltimore is healthy and they dominated the Steelers in week one, but they are coming off of two very poor performances. The Steelers are getting thin at LB, but they are coming off a huge win and are going to need to do the same this week.

  8. #18
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    In regards to the babe's comment...

    While I trust that the Steelers' fan base is one of the more football-knowledgeable ones out there, I also know that we can be a bit 'pollyanna' when it comes to our team.

    It is not uncommon for SteelerFan to wonder aloud during a game "why arent we doing what we did last week?" There is a reason for that and it is called 'the opponent.'

    My thread was simply to make clear to all of us that this is a far cry from what we faced last week. I guarantee someone on the gameday forum will bitch about this exact subject tomorrow night.

    And just because we arent the ones in pads doesnt mean we shouldn't over or underestimate the opponent. You know that as well as anyone babe.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. It was a good post and I agree that as a fanbase we shouldn't be underestimating the Ravens, what I meant was that I don't think the fans feelings should be much cause for concern as far as how the actual game will go.

  9. #19
    SteelDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    5,432
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. It was a good post and I agree that as a fanbase we shouldn't be underestimating the Ravens, what I meant was that I don't think the fans feelings should be much cause for concern as far as how the actual game will go.
    No worries. It was probably a thread I could have started on a forum for very average fans. Most here understand completely on a week to week basis.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk


    http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

  10. #20
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    No worries. It was probably a thread I could have started on a forum for very average fans. Most here understand completely on a week to week basis.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    true. <3 SA.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ravens vs. Steelers
    By JensK in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
  2. Ravens loss to Pats last night can be a good thing in 2 ways...
    By Troyisabeast_43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 07:22 PM
  3. I Hate the Ravens
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
  4. The Gospel: Ravens-Steelers Breakdown
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 01:11 PM
  5. Spreading the GOSPEL: Steelers vs. Ravens Breakdown
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •