Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers offical injury list

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Just throwing it out there for the purpose of the debate......Only 8 of his punts have been returned for 37 yards.....So the punt return coverage has been damn good...D-Sep has been a part of that as well.....But sorry his overall numbers should be better to warrant being drafted in the 4th round for a punter.....Teams find punters not even drafted all the time that are better....Plus you factor in his injury history....Steelers messed up by taking a punter in the 4th round....But like I said I could careless who is the punting the ball....Steelers won the Super Bowl with Gardocki and Berger......
    Well taking him in the fourth round can't be reversed, so whining about that won't do much. And to say the fact that we took him in the fourth round and he's not punting the ball like he's Jesus Christ is a reason to have Kapinos over Sep (when he's healthy) is a dumb argument. We took him in the fourth round. Ok. That's over. But he's a damn good punter. I don't get where people are getting off saying that they would rather have Kapinos (who was so bad with the Packers, by the way, that his head coach felt the need to single him out to the media...twice) than Sepulveda.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Also I can't believe we're having this argument about a punter....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Well taking him in the fourth round can't be reversed, so whining about that won't do much. And to say the fact that we took him in the fourth round and he's not punting the ball like he's Jesus Christ is a reason to have Kapinos over Sep (when he's healthy) is a dumb argument. We took him in the fourth round. Ok. That's over. But he's a damn good punter. I don't get where people are getting off saying that they would rather have Kapinos (who was so bad with the Packers, by the way, that his head coach felt the need to single him out to the media...twice) than Sepulveda.
    Man you can't deal with somebody not liking a player you like can you?......I really don't care who the freaking punter is for the third time...I updated my post and said yea I'm glad the Steelers kept him over Kapinos........My point all along again the Steelers don't need an elite punter to win a Super Bowl...They won it with Gardocki who was way passed him prime when they won Super Bowl XL and Mitch Berger....lol Drafting a punter in the 4th round is never a smart move and yes there is nothing I can about it but doesn't change the fact drafting a punter early in the draft or at all is just stupid.....I don't want him to punt the ball like Jesus Christ.....All I want him to do is stay healthy and punt the ball to live up this draft status which he has not so far at this point his career....But again I really don't care to much about who the punter is...lol Just don't draft one next time...Pick a freaking guy off the street.....lol

Sepulveda really isn't a big problem for this team. He is capable of making some nice punts, but it seems like he's always banged up. If it's his knee again, I would be very concerned. Baylor really screwed him over on that.

My Mood
    Mad
    Its Stiller Nation we argue anything football related....I'm not really arguing with you just pointing out why people are so hard on Daniel Sepulveda.....Him being injury prone and drafted in the 4th round doesn't help his case with some fans...that is all babe...damn would hate to really **** you off.....lol

--- Added 11/5/2011 at 11:38 AM ---

I have to let you know to I just hate kickers...lol I hate place kickers and punters.....I debate all the time with my best friend about Adam Vinatieri and how he shouldn't make the Hall of Fame....My buddy says yes.....You can't put a kicker in the Hall of Fame...lol or a punter.....

Haha well Raiders certainly have not benefit from having an amazing punter and FG kicker. Sure, they always have amazing Field Position but eh... They loose all the time anyway. My point being I agree BGF32... They are just too replaceable to make HOF. As for Dsep. I've said it before: I love him when he is healthy. He just rarely is and punters are a dime in a dozen (Off-topic - is dime in a dozen not the correct saying? Afraid I mixed them up... Damn culture!).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Mad
    Yea its not I'm calling for Sep to be cut or anything...It is what it is with him being drafted in the 4th round...I just hope the team never spends that high of a pick on a punter again.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    BGF32, that post wasn't really aimed at you. I get what you're saying. I agree that taking Sep in the 4th round was not a smart pick. It was aimed at whoever said we should have kept Kapinos and gotten rid of Sepulveda. Cause Sepulveda, when healthy, is a million times better than Kapinos was, is, or will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That's a joke right? Sepulveda boots 60+ yarders everytime he gets the chance.

Christ. You'd think after tolerating Mitch Berger for a year Steelers fans wouldn't find anymore room to complain about punters.
    Woah woah woah woah woah. Woah.

Don't bring the Bergermeister into this. I have never seen a punter so bad that he was good in my life. Kicking the ball so that it would bounce off of an opponent was the greatest special teams play every devised.

My Mood
    Addicted
    @steelers: P Dan Sepulveda (knee) placed on IR. Jeremy Kapinos again signed to replace him. Sepulveda was hurt in practice.

Thread Information