Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much of a "must win" is this game for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    It is for them. As inconsistent as they have played, they need it bad. With our injuries, we can actually lose this game and still make it up in the weeks ahead. If we beat them this week with a depeleted line-up, they are done.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Might be the difference between being a wildcard team vs a first round bye. With the Bengals playing well, might be possibly a playoff spot.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    It is for them. As inconsistent as they have played, they need it bad. With our injuries, we can actually lose this game and still make it up in the weeks ahead. If we beat them this week with a depeleted line-up, they are done.
    Starting to look like a miracle needed here what with all the injuries. The Ravings come to this game with one thing in mind to do physical harm. If they happen to win that's an extra for those P'sOS.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-05-2011 at 01:24 PM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Love
    If they want to keep the ravens from going to the super bowl then this game will probably be their biggest of the regular season. Ravens haven't swept the Steelers since 06. Steelers are at home so their should be no reason to let the ravens step on their field and whip them like in wk. 1. I just don't see it happening. This game will either be a blow out or a great, classic that we're use to seeing.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    hate to say it but it is a MUST WIN. especially because of the way we lost the first one. a win goes a long way, more than just record in the division...the mental aspect creeps into their minds as well.
    It is a must win. Anyone saying it isn't is fooling themselves. The mental aspects are just as significant as the more tangible aspects.

Making sure the Ravens know that they are our bitch (in the back of their minds) when we want them to be allows the Ravens to then go and eliminate the other teams that give us problems (in the playoffs) so then when we meet the Ravens again in the playoffs (IN PITTSBURGH) they will once again lay down like the bitches they are.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

could we win this game and end up having cinci no2 and the rats no 3 by the 16th game??

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    could we win this game and end up having cinci no2 and the rats no 3 by the 16th game??
    If we win this one there will definitely be a lot to say about cincy and were the ragings stand.. However, let's get this shiate out the way first.

And their fans.

I honestly don't feel it's a must win for a few reasons.

1. It's still the regular season and the win really means nothing because we could still win the north by the end of the year.

2. They will still have to play us in the playoffs which is the game they are really afraid of.

3.If they beat us they know they could only do it with one hand behind are back. We're missing Woodley , half a Harrison , and Sanders out.

On the flipside if we win it's over for the Ravens. Their confidence will be shot and Ray will probably retire at the end of the year because he knows we're getting younger and better and there would be no chance for him to win a superbowl coming out of the AFC north. Not to mention they would do it without our best pass rusher and a young stud receiver along with a rusty Harrison.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Waterboy
    this is a must win. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information