Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much of a "must win" is this game for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not a must win, i just dont think the ravens are going to finish strong enough to make it a must win.
    Even if they lose, I still believe the Ravens will hiccup a couple times in the remaining games. They have the 49ers, Cincy twice, and the Chargers in SD. I honestly think it would take a complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game on Sunday.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think they are going to lose a few more games as well but given their schedule I just can't bank on it all that much. Allowing yourself to get sweeped by the Ravens is just not something you can allow to happen and expect to be in a position to win your division in December.

My Mood
    Addicted
    No question, we have to win this game. We win this, with the fairly ease of the rest of our games. The rats will never catch us. Beating the pats means the road to the SB could very well come through Da Burgh.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Social Networks

Follow CoachC On Twitter Add CoachC on Facebook
    IMO, this game is a must win. I agree with the first post. I think that if we win this game, we win the AFC North. We don't want to be on the road in the playoffs because, unlike in years past, we haven't proven we can dominate on the road like we are used to... We need this game. It's huge!
    "To play this game you must have fire in you, and there is nothing that strokes fire like hate."

10000000000000000% must win in my book...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

To me this is a must-win game. If we loose Sunday we most likely have to win out since we'd be down by 2 games. While Ravens could drop a couple of more games, so could we and the Ravens schedule is easier than ours from hereon out.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I'm not sure if I would classify this as a must win. Given the records and recent play of the two teams, the Steelers could make the playoffs without a win. That said, winning would be huge: It would put the Steelers in a good position to win the AFCN and potentially pursue the #1 seed while it would simultaneously place a tremendous amount of pressure on Baltimore. There is also the intangible, pride. This team was abused in the first week of the season and a victory here after beating another team that had previously abused the Steelers would probably go a long way for improving the confidence of this team.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Must-wins are great in October/November/December, but I will take the must wins in January all day.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

This is 'must win' only for some Steeler fans. I don't think the team sees this as a must win.....

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Even if they lose, I still believe the Ravens will hiccup a couple times in the remaining games. They have the 49ers, Cincy twice, and the Chargers in SD. I honestly think it would take a complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game on Sunday.
    The Steelers usually fair pretty well against Flacco and the Ravens here in the past. If the Ravens do end up getting scores or make any big plays it's usually a result of the Steelers turning the ball over or making a big mistake. With that being said, If the Steelers look anything remotely close to the way they looked against the Patriots last week against the Ravens this week they should win this game fairly easily. Flacco is not Brady and if you get up on him by 14 points or something close to that and take a guy like Rice out of the game and force Flacco to throw throw throw he will **** up at some point and made a mistake that will be very costly...

--- Added 11/4/2011 at 01:54 PM ---

I dont think it's an absolutely positively MUST win game for the Steelers but Ill say this much if they do lose this game they most likely are going to have to win out and finish at 13-3 to have a chance at winning the division. Like 92 said the Ravens do have tough games with San Fran, 2 with Cincy home and away who always plays the Ravens tough,and at San Diego. They could definitely lose 2 out of those 4 games right there. So if the Ravens do happen to win this week and the Steelers then win out on the rest of their schedule and finish 13-3 which they definitely can do, then if the Ravens would drop 2 out of those 4 games I just mentioned they would finish at 12-4 and the Steelers would still win the North. As far as from the Ravens perspective I dont believe there is any chance they can win the AFC North if they dont win this game on Sunday at Heinz Field. I say this because they would currently be 1 game down in the loss column to the Steelers, and they would need the Steelers to flop in a few games against some lesser teams on their schedule which is probably most likely not going to happen. That loss to the Jaguars the Ravens had a few weeks ago will really be a killer for the Ravens if they dont win this game Sunday because it will put them down in the common opponents tiebraker with the Steelers as well unless the Steelers lose to either the Rams or 49ers in December.

Thread Information