Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the Ravens bring the heat or drop back?

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ours?? Am I missing something, like your purple avatar??
    Our pass defense was not very good last year.

So you think I need a purple avatar for stating m opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by dscola View Post
    Last year their they had the likes of Frank Walker playing nickle. Last year they had no depth as Foxworth was hurt and Webb was coming off an ACL.

This year they have 2 6'2" corners in Smith and Williams. They have Webb playing very well, and Carr in the slot.

I'm not saying they are the Eagles but they aren't the Patriots by any means.

Last year they had the same pass rush but their defensive backfield was ***. Even worse than ours.
    The worse thing for tall corners are fast and quick WR's. Thats what we got, so Im not worried about them. If we can protect Ben, stick with the Pats gameplan or around that gameplan. We will be fine. It comes down to the trenches. I will take Our WR group over any defensive back group in the NFL, and thats also including the Eagles.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    The worse thing for tall corners are fast and quick WR's. Thats what we got, so Im not worried about them. If we can protect Ben, stick with the Pats gameplan or around that gameplan. We will be fine. It comes down to the trenches. I will take Our WR group over any defensive back group in the NFL, and thats also including the Eagles.
    Truth

Last year their they had the likes of Frank Walker playing nickle. Last year they had no depth as Foxworth was hurt and Webb was coming off an ACL.

This year they have 2 6'2" corners in Smith and Williams. They have Webb playing very well, and Carr in the slot.

I'm not saying they are the Eagles but they aren't the Patriots by any means.

Last year they had the same pass rush but their defensive backfield was ***. Even worse than ours.
    jimmy smith has played in one game, and being 6-2 means nothing at all. actually most 6-2 corners suck ***

Our pass defense was not very good last year.

So you think I need a purple avatar for stating m opinion?
    Wouldn't hurt... Want me to find ya one? It's OK to be a Ravens fan posting out here, it's just annoying when people try to hide it behind a fake user name etc etc..

They will blitz no doubt. We have to play smart on offense. Ben needs to get rid of the ball quickly.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wouldn't hurt... Want me to find ya one? It's OK to be a Ravens fan posting out here, it's just annoying when people try to hide it behind a fake user name etc etc..
    I'm actually a niner fan but I 'm more a football fan. I like the Steelers because of Ben and Harrison. I like the Ravens also because of Rice and Suggs. The only team I don't like are the Redskins. Refuse to cheer for them under any circumstances.

My username is my PSN name, my email address, my work password, etc. I will never be disrespectful to anyteam(other than deadskins) but I will discuss, agree, and disagree when I feel the urge to.

The Steelers pass defense last year ranked 16th. The Ravens pass defense last year ranked 21st.

From that fact, 1 would surmise that the Ravens pass d was *** last year. Even worse than the Steelers.

From that statement you could also deduce that they are playing alot better this year with the only thing changing are the corners and 1 safety.

And 1 more thing, my favorite color is blue. I'd never be caught wearing purple.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    There will be a surprise. The "Infusion of confusion". The Ravings will be expecting our ****** play calling and the same old tired players on the front lines that we had in game one. Shhhh. Things have changed. Don't tell those *******s though.

They just got lucky against AZ and won. I did not see a real adjustment by them during the jags and cards meet. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish.

Oh yeah. It ain't the number one Shizzle. It's the finger you know THE FINGER.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.

And their fans.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    There will be a surprise. The "Infusion of confusion". The Ravings will be expecting our ****** play calling and the same old tired players on the front lines that we had in game one. Shhhh. Things have changed. Don't tell those *******s though.

They just got lucky against AZ and won. I did not see a real adjustment by them during the jags and cards meet. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish.

Oh yeah. It ain't the number one Shizzle. It's the finger you know THE FINGER.
    The gameplan last week was amazing. I figured they would come out and try to run, run, pass against the last ranked passing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    They aren't going to change their defense. They will come after Ben big time. That's who they are and what they do and their best chance to win is to pressure Ben and force him into making mistakes. Who ever wins the turn over battle probably wins the game.
    I have to agree with you here. Ravens will bring pressure until the Steelers can consistently demonstrate they can (A) - pick up the blitz and (B) beat the blitz with a quick tempo passing game.

They're not going to change who they are unless the Steelers just come out and put up 21.

Thread Information