Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the Ravens bring the heat or drop back?

Bookmark and Share
    I'm expecting them to pressure Ben. The odds of him making mistakes are greater when he's got someone in his face.

They'll bring the heat, especially the first half. We'll see how the game goes and adjustments will be made from there.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    That said, their CBs are not very good at all. They live off an amazing pass-rush, but they have no answers for any team which can provide their QB with a little time. Much like Steelers.
    The difference is the Ravens have gotten more int's by accident than we have gotten on purpose.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Ravens cornerbacks do well because their front 7 gets pressure, it's as simple as that. It's the same way the Steelers DB's play. When the pass rush is getting there, they are able to play their style of football.

Now this year Steelers offense has more and experienced weapons than ever before, I don't care who you are in the NFL you can't cover Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Heath all the time and not get beat. Ben will find people to throw the ball too but he's going to have to get rid of it quickly. The Ravens defense gets frustrated when they don't get pressure. If we can neutralize that part of their game or keep it in check at least, our offense can get down field.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    It was more like 3 sacks because they got 2 at the end and Ben just held the ball because he didn't want to take any chances. Thats still not bad for 50 pass attempts.
    Agreed, but even 3 is poor in my book.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Agreed, but even 3 is poor in my book.
    id say 5 is pretty much standard since ben roethlisberger has been a steeler...high for most teams and i dont know the exact number but hes definitely one of the most sacked QBs over the course of his career.

his ypa is historically high over the course of his career, so like i said it rarely effects the outcome of the game

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    How are they better than given credit for? They are, currently, the best defense in the game which has been widely acknowledged. And well... The stats agree.

That said, their CBs are not very good at all. They live off an amazing pass-rush, but they have no answers for any team which can provide their QB with a little time. Much like Steelers.
    This..

They will bring the heat but I look for BA to use the gameplan from lastweek as it seems that it our kind of offense the team can bring to the table. I think we will win. Remember, The Ravens have had 2 bad weeks in a row. Even though they won last week, that was more of a Cardinal collapse to close the game more than anything. Ben is not Kevin Kolb.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    This..
    Last year their they had the likes of Frank Walker playing nickle. Last year they had no depth as Foxworth was hurt and Webb was coming off an ACL.

This year they have 2 6'2" corners in Smith and Williams. They have Webb playing very well, and Carr in the slot.

I'm not saying they are the Eagles but they aren't the Patriots by any means.

Last year they had the same pass rush but their defensive backfield was ***. Even worse than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola View Post
    Last year their they had the likes of Frank Walker playing nickle. Last year they had no depth as Foxworth was hurt and Webb was coming off an ACL.

This year they have 2 6'2" corners in Smith and Williams. They have Webb playing very well, and Carr in the slot.

I'm not saying they are the Eagles but they aren't the Patriots by any means.

Last year they had the same pass rush but their defensive backfield was ***. Even worse than ours.

Ours?? Am I missing something??

Thread Information