Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ravens cheap chop blocking methods..

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I would just love to chop block Ngata repeatedly. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Can you imagine what would happen if we just open up that middle by eliminating Ngata and Mendy being able to run for 5 yards a pop right up the middle?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The Steelers weren't ready for that style of play in their first meeting, but they know what's coming and will be ready. That type of blocking might be "legal" according to the rules, but it's still a cheap, no class way of playing. **** the Ratbirds!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wolf mentioned this on the pregame show alittle while ago and something I had failed to bring up before. In that first game, the Ravens cut block 12 times on 26 run plays; 8 on Hampton, 4 on Aaron Smith. Since then they've barely used that technique, if at all. They've not used it to that extent in the past either.

They were clearly out to play cheap, unethical, dirty football. I don't care if it's "technically" legal or not, you shouldn't do it. Hampton and the defense will be ready for that tonight.

Waterboy
    delete post

Legal but not cool... Stand up and block like a real fn man, bunch of pussies!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Legal but not cool... Stand up and block like a real fn man, bunch of pussies!
    All you crybabies whining and blaming everything you can for the loss are the pussies. Big bad Steeler fans sounding like a bunch of sniffling children. LOL It's a football game, get over it. BTW Hiney Ward's cheap shot blocks were all considered legal, were they cool? You can't have it both ways wussy boy.

They were cool as hell, big fat linemen "going down on other men" is just silly..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They were cool as hell, big fat linemen "going down on other men" is just silly..
    Sorry I misunderstood. I didn't realize all teams must play Steeler rules and all calls must go the Steelers way. Wait how about the NFL just declares the Steelers the champs. Grow up, life isn't always fair and the Steelers don't always win.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS! View Post
    Sorry I misunderstood. I didn't realize all teams must play Steeler rules and all calls must go the Steelers way. Wait how about the NFL just declares the Steelers the champs. Grow up, life isn't always fair and the Steelers don't always win.
    LOL, homo!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 11-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information