Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-3 plan

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    The good news is that the Ravens have no idea how to prepare for us this week. I think Woodley should keep saying he is playing, even if he is not, and that will help keep their already struggling offense guessing.
    Keep talkin a plan like we had in game one. I am convinced Hardon (their coach) is a complete idiot and like their fans will believe what he hears from MT.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm just glad Tomlin isn't being stubborn and he's saying every scenario is a possibility, i would luv to see us run the 4-3 and let Hood, Hamp,Cam and Kiesel rush that bum Flacco i wouldn't mind the 4-2 with 5 DB's also Cortez Allen is gonna be a beast for us, man i'm hyped i can't wait till Sunday night I really think we blow the rats out we owe them

they are so used to our base defense that this is going to a nightmare to prepare 4....a 4 man line with no true DEs, basically letting 4 DTs just bull rush on every play

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they are so used to our base defense that this is going to a nightmare to prepare 4....a 4 man line with no true DEs, basically letting 4 DTs just bull rush on every play
    [[on]] BEAST MODE off

--- Added 11/2/2011 at 11:27 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    The good news is that the Ravens have no idea how to prepare for us this week. I think Woodley should keep saying he is playing, even if he is not, and that will help keep their already struggling offense guessing.
    I think that's exactly what's going on. I don't see him risking further injury and playing.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This will give them more to prepare for, there is no doubt. However they've played 43 defenses before so it's not like it will be completely strange to them or anything. Although seeing it out of the Steelers will probably be a shock to them. Any way to get an advantage over someone is always a plus. Even if we end up not having to use the 43 or 42 very much the fact that we could use it is already a plus.

playing a 43 and playing a 43 that uses 4 DTs is completely different.

basically i see our 4 best bull rushers on the field and they send one LB, or gay or troy, or even ike periodically...really lebeau could have a field day with this since no one knows wtf is going on

Maybe watch a little Jaquar film and see how that played out..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree with you Ktrain....Just look at the Ravens with their 3 man DL with Ngata and Cody......Those two are DT's.....So four DT's would be interesting for an OL to deal with....Like you said Keisel will be an elephant LB at times.....Just stop the run and you beat the Ravens....Flacco can't put a team on his back and win a game....Of course the Ravens D will keep them in it but the Steelers offense must step up and put 20-25 points on the board if not more.....No more injuries please this week...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the Steelers offense scores 25 points, we win this game.

For the defense, the more I think about the possibility of Hampton, McLendon/Hoke, Hood, and Heyward could be to deal with for sure. Putting that line up would make it awfully tough for Rice to run through especially if you mix in that defense with some 34 and dime, they won't know what's coming next. If this works out, it could be something that they run on a more regular basis. Not completely switching to a 43 but hey if you have the personnel to do it, it's always good to have it in your arsenal.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If the Steelers offense scores 25 points, we win this game.

For the defense, the more I think about the possibility of Hampton, McLendon/Hoke, Hood, and Heyward could be to deal with for sure. Putting that line up would make it awfully tough for Rice to run through especially if you mix in that defense with some 34 and dime, they won't know what's coming next. If this works out, it could be something that they run on a more regular basis. Not completely switching to a 43 but hey if you have the personnel to do it, it's always good to have it in your arsenal.
    LeBeau threw everybody a curve ball against the Pats when he decided to ditch zone and just played man on the Pats WR's.....We all knew that Brady carves up zone defenses like a Thanksgiving turkey but it was nice to see the old man finally switch it up......So injury really might just force him to play a 4 man DL with Keisel switching out to the elephant LB at times.....Would like to see some big nickel at times with Troy really as more of a LB and Mundy at SS.........

Thread Information