Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outside of the Burgh, It's Getting Ugly.

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where

Outside of the Burgh, It's Getting Ugly.

A thread primarily for those fans living outside the general environs of Pittsburgh, Pa in an area generally where the competition lives. The purpose is to let the hometown fans know that we fans out here are doing our part to support the team by showing our colors, standing up for the steelers and generally not takin any crap when challenged about your fandomness. Unless of course a weapon is pulled, in which case, well you be the judge. My advice, don't go any further when that happens. As a reminder, not all competitor's areas of influence are friendly to Steeler fans. Beware.

Location: Yorktown, Virginia. (general geographic location will do).
    Competitor territory for the:
    Washington Redskins aka: Deadskins
    Baltimore Ravens aka: Rat Turds, Turds
    Geographic distance from the competition:
    Deadskins - 117 straight line miles
    The Turds - 144 straight line miles

Personal experience today @2:00pm. Out for my heart health walk, dressed in my favorite Steelers walking ensemble i.e. Hoodie w/massive Steelers logo, Hat w/Steelers logo, minding my own fn business. Up pulls a car full of *******s men and women. Window rolls down, from with in the words "Hey you lookin pretty cocky Steeler fan, what gonna happen Sunday" My answer, "Baltimore gonna get it's *** kicked". Reply, "We see about that" and the *******s drive off. Normally I don't get hassled down here cause it is more Steelers country than the others. Since the skins stopped being a real football team most of their fans climbed on our wagon I'm guessing. Ok with me as they never bother you anyhow. I don't really know for sure if that car load of jerk-offs was Turds fans or not but, it wouldn't be to hard of guess. Right?

By the way, I was walking in a real nice part of town here, not walkin in the ghetto. Figuring maybe those asshholes where running from the law or just got done robbing someone. Don't really know for sure. Hope they watch the beat down Sunday.

Warining: Not advocating intentional provocation (maybe) of your favorte hater unless you are with some buds that can take care of business if necessary. Damn, it's only a game. Ya all be careful out there.

Not sure if this thread belongs here, somewhere else or deleted. So, admin have at it.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-01-2011 at 06:52 PM.

And their fans.

Draft Pick
    Nothing wrong with a little trash talking from them.... if they were really *******s they woulda got out of the car and started some crap... they didnt though...

I walked into my local convienent store at 6 am this morning and this guy was ahead of me and kindly open the door for me... he was a wearin his Patriots hat... And I stated to him as I unzipped my hoody revealing my Steeler sweatshirt " thats right you better hold that door for me...we just whooped your ***"...he just said yeah yeah...and we both chuckled. Its all in good fun

I live in Lancaster Pa. Eagle and Rats fans abound... but not like the Stiller Nation...way more Stiller fans here then anything.
    Blood is Freedoms Stain

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I've run into that type of thing before, living here about an hour north of Baltimore. It's a mixture of Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, and Eagles mostly but the Steelers hold an edge overall. Still though there are always idiots who feel the need to be an ***, usually when they are with a bunch of other people. Rarely do you see them talking trash when they are alone.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I've really never gotten bothered by anyone because of my Steelers gear. That might just be because most people in California are "fans" of out of state teams for whatever reasons. No real enemy territory. Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    I've really never gotten bothered by anyone because of my Steelers gear. That might just be because most people in California are "fans" of out of state teams for whatever reasons. No real enemy territory. Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh.
    The Steeler Nation is strong across the world; those people out in Cali don't even know what a successful NFL team is like in their own back yard. LOL. Fortunately where I live there aren't many bandwagon fans, although there are some. I usually refer to the Ravens fans as Browns fans...trust me they LOVE that

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    It's pretty much all in good fun here in the Mitten, but this year has been almost unbearable with these Lions' fans. Can't say I blame them as they have been rebuilding since 1957, but they are really starting to get obnoxious.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Redskins fans are the absolute worst. None of them care until the Deadskins win one game, and then they're going to the superbowl. Worst. Fans. Ever.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Redskins fans are the absolute worst. None of them care until the Deadskins win one game, and then they're going to the superbowl. Worst. Fans. Ever.
    U haven't seen Cleveland (Clowns Fans) they are absolutely the worse!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BURGH View Post
    U haven't seen Cleveland (Clowns Fans) they are absolutely the worse!
    The real Browns fans were da wurst. But, they were the real deal.

And their fans.

One time a guy yelled "Steelers suck!" when I was at Wal Mart. I smiled, winked, and gave him a thumbs up. Hahaha. For the most part it's pussy boy Colts fans, mixed in with some Bears fans around here. There's quite a few Steeler and Cowgirls fans as well.

--- Added 11/2/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh.
    I get that crap too, soooo annoying. And there are a lot of Steeler hype riders around here as well. After week 1 I was the only guy I saw around wearing Steelers gear until about two weeks ago. Now a few more have been popping up here and there. Makes me sick.

I get asked if I was a fan before 2005 all the time. I tell them I was brought home in a Steeler onesie, lol. Cradle to the grave, literally.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information