Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Announces Passing Of His Mother -- Could Miss Ravens Game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Emmanuel Sanders Announces Passing Of His Mother -- Could Miss Ravens Game

Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders wrote on Facebook and Twitter Tuesday morning his mother passed away.

Sanders didn't comment any further, except to ask again for prayers and support from SteelerNation via Twitter.

Steelers WR Mike Wallace also asked for support for Sanders and his family via Twitter.

Out of respect for Sanders and his family, we won't dig for any other details, and we'll wait for the team to discuss any potential of Sanders missing Sunday's game against Baltimore.

We here at Behind The Steel Curtain are praying for Sanders and his family, and we ask all of SteelerNation to do the same. His Facebook message came at approximately 9:26 a.m. ET, and as of 11:26 a.m. ET, he already had 761 messages from fans of Sanders and the Steelers alike.

You can send him your support via his Facebook page, which is linked here, as is his Twitter handle.

Sanders is clearly already very well liked among his teammates, and is establishing himself into a very talented receiver. He seems to have a connection with QB Ben Roethlisberger in the red zone, and already has 18 catches for 243 yards and two touchdowns on the season.

One of the Steelers "Young Money" receivers, Sanders shined in his first career start last week against New England, catching five passes for 70 yards.
    Heart breaks for this kid. The way we talk about players on here, we forget that they're still people. Thoughts and for Manny and his family.

Although this article does mention the possibility of him missing the Ravens game, I think he's going to do his best to play. He seems like a real spiritual and emotional guy, and he'll probably want to play in this one for his Mom.

LINK
    Yall pray for me and my family. Mom passed away this morning. I appreciate all the calls and texts of support but I'm trying to keep my phoneline open for family.

Tell your loved ones you loved them every chance you get cuz you never know when that day will come. Can't believe this.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-01-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Very sad to see. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Steeler Nation's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Manny!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

*** Sorry for your loss Manny..

If he does play it will be with a heavy heart! Show your support team and crush the Rats this week!!

Lost my Father earlier this year, so know a little what he'll be going through.

RIP

Hope he plays, but could be difficult with all the emotion involved.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think if he choses not to play, Steeler Nation would understand. I believe he will though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I think if he choses not to play, Steeler Nation would understand. I believe he will though.
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Manny talks very high of his mother, this has to be devastating for him. I remember when we interviewed him he had nothing but great things to say about her.

Knowing how competitive he is I wouldn't be shocked to see him on the field on Sunday and have a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Absolutely. There are a lot of things that are more important than football and family is one of them.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And the bad news keeps coming this week. RIP mommy sanders. I hope manny is holding up well.

Thread Information