Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodley Questionable for Sunday vs the Ravens; Update 11/4 - Will Not Play on Sunday

Bookmark and Share

Woodley Questionable for Sunday vs the Ravens; Update 11/4 - Will Not Play on Sunday

Bad news...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...lers-pass-rush

A day after James Harrison announced he won't play against the Ravens, a team source told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that LaMarr Woodley is out, too.

Woodley, who injured his hamstring in Sunday's win over New England, will not play against Baltimore and likely will miss the next game at Cincinnati, according to the Post-Gazette. He leads the AFC with nine sacks.

The losses of Woodley and Harrison are major blows to the Pittsburgh pass rush. Woodley and Harrison have totaled 82.5 sacks since 2008, accounting for half of the Steelers' sacks over that time. Both are expected to return after the Nov. 20 bye.

This run of injuries will test Pittsburgh's young depth at linebacker. The Steelers will lean on Lawrence Timmons, who doesn't have a sack this season, along with rookie fifth-round pick Chris Carter and Stevenson Sylvester, both of whom have yet to record sack in the NFL.

Woodley had expected to play against Baltimore on Sunday night. "I'll be in there," Woodley told The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review two days ago. "I have a week [to heal]."
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-01-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Smokin
    i just got done reading this also...not good at all

Thanks for the sig Flea

This sucks but I think they'll be OK, we will get a chance to see the young guys in action, I personally think they will step up and make an impact...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

This game officially scares me much more than the Patriots game. There is much more on the line than against Patriots seeing we've pretty much lost the division if Ravens sweep us. At least it would be extremely rough to recover from. We have now lost our two best LBs and arguably best defensive players on the field judging from this season. That would be like forcing Ravens to play without Ngata and Suggs. Even Flacco can look great if there is no pressure on him (look: week 1) let alone Mr. Rice.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

This team is unlike others in the league, it can survive a game or two w/ out some starters.. It blows but I personally like our chances with the young guys in there!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

theres no choice you cant play base 34 like this, they need a 4 man line very often against the ravens

Keisel, Cam, Casey, Hood....with a mean rotation of timmons, sly, foote, and carter playing the 3 LB spots. thats a lot of beef on the dline, it can be very effective, especially since keisel is relentless and hood will be able to just rush the passer, which is really all hes good at

picking up gibson might not be a bad idea either, he'll at least be a body which is more than worilds can say
    Last edited by K Train; 11-01-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Mike Tomlin didnt rule out James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley. The only player he ruled out definitively was Doug Legursky.

He also stated that they will incorperate some 4-3 and/or 4-2 looks this weekend.
    Last edited by Big T; 11-01-2011 at 12:16 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well that's just..awful. Hopefully Carter steps up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    theres no choice you cant play base 34 like this, they need a 4 man line very often against the ravens

Keisel, Cam, Casey, Hood....with a mean rotation of timmons, sly, foote, and carter playing the 3 LB spots. thats a lot of beef on the dline, it can be very effective, especially since keisel is relentless and hood will be able to just rush the passer, which is really all hes good at

picking up gibson might not be a bad idea either, he'll at least be a body which is more than worilds can say
    Gibson is not employed??

Anyway, Ben and the offense need to blow out this team.. it is well overdue...

Then give the defense a chance to blitz like crazy... and tally up some sacks for the young guys....

My Mood
    Frustrated
    this just means that the offense is gonna have to win this game. the ravens offense is such that a depleted steelers defense can maybe hold them in check. but the steelers offense needs to step up big time this week. for years they've been the recipient of a great steelers D.

if there was ever a time for the offense to go win one, it's this sunday.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information