Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodley Questionable for Sunday vs the Ravens; Update 11/4 - Will Not Play on Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley remained limited in practice on Thursday and his status for Sunday's showdown with Baltimore is questionable.
    Woodley, who is undergoing aggressive treatment for his strained hamstring said he'll be a "game-time decision."
    Woodley injured the hamstring in the third quarter of last Sunday's 25-17 win over New England. He says he's taking it slow and hopes the late kickoff Sunday night will give him a little more time to heal.
    The Steelers have not announced who will replace Woodley if he can't go, though rookie Chris Carter filled in against the Patriots.
    Woodley turned 27 on Thursday and was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Month after racking up 7 1/2 sacks in October, the second-highest total in one month in team history.
    Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1cgb94gg1
    could just be a smoke screen but really hoping he can play. although it's sounding like harrison playing is a good possibility. he backed off his original assessment on monday that he wouldn't be playing

This whole thing reminds me of Pouncey heading into the Super Bowl. I have to think these guys are just trying to keep hopes alive so that the Ravens have an unclear picture of who to prepare for.

For what it's worth Steelers depot said on twitter that tere are rumblings Harrison will be cleared to play.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    For what it's worth Steelers depot said on twitter that tere are rumblings Harrison will be cleared to play.
    Big thing with 92 is the vision aspect. He plainly said if the docs have concern about his future sight, he's not playing. With that said, I still think we'll see him and or Farrior and/or Wood make an appearance.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Woodley has been officially ruled out for Sunday.

PITTSBURGH (AP) – Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley will not play Sunday night in the AFC North showdown against the Baltimore Ravens due to a hamstring injury sustained in last week's win over New England.

Pittsburgh's other former Pro Bowl outside linebacker, though, is expected to play for the first time in a month. James Harrison has missed the past four games with a broken orbital bone, but is probable and will play barring a setback in a doctor's examination Saturday.

Also ruled out for Pittsburgh was wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who had a knee injury and has not been with the team since learning of the death of his mother on Tuesday. Guard Doug Legursky will miss his third game in a row due to a foot injury.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ury/51075294/1

Thread Information