Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who guards Boldin this week?

Bookmark and Share
    Dont change the defense... Use the same tactic this week... We dominated and Flacco is not Brady... In two weeks we can go back to our normal defense. Dalton will be frazzled by any steeler D.

I think we can go back to our normal D this week. The Pats offense is built to pick apart the kind of D we usually run. The Ravens offense isn't. Our normal D is built to stop the kind of offense the Ravens run. Put Ike on Boldin. Smith is, as far as I know, mostly a deep threat. Put Gay or Lewis on him, and they can give him a cushion if he's going to try to go deep all game. Keep Clark back to help take away the big play. I want Troy up near the line of scrimmage where he can wreak havoc against Flacco, blitz on occasion, and help against the run. We're going to have to generate pressure, and Ray Rice is their best weapon.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    "Infusion of Confusion". Worked against the Patsies.

And their fans.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I think we all know Ike gets Boldin i want to know who is mirroring rice

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Dont change the defense... Use the same tactic this week... We dominated and Flacco is not Brady... In two weeks we can go back to our normal defense. Dalton will be frazzled by any steeler D.
    Exactly my thoughts, if we play this type of defense, and offense, we bring home number 7 this year!

I would think they would have to take away Flacco's 1st read (Bouldin) and Rice. Do that, he gets happy feet and tries to force things. That being said, I stick Ike on Bouldin, and Lewis or Gay on Smith. 1st and foremost, they have to cut off the food supply to the Ravens offense and that is Ray Rice.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Lewis on Smith could be a fun matchup to watch, I suspect we'll see that on Sunday to some degree.

Ike will be on Bouldin but I'm sure Flacco will still try and take some shots to test Taylor and see how it goes. I'm sure Taylor along with the rest of the defense will be looking for redemption, no question about it. Take away Boldin, limit Ray Rice and you can severely limit Flacco. I know their tight ends played a big part in the game in week 1 as well but the Steelers have shown they can combat that now.

There was mention of a possible 4 man line on Sunday. That would be interesting for the Ravens to have to figure out who is blitzing from an even front. Whether or not the Steelers do this, it gives the Ravens yet another thing to think about.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ike always gets up for these games, I have little doubt he's as anxious as any of the Steelers for some payback. Maybe we finally get an Ike INT this weekend? Couldn't come against a nicer opponent either!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ike on Boldin......Gay on Smith....I'm not worried about Smith since he almost has as many drops in 7 games as Limas Sweed did in his entire Steelers career.......I would put Lewis on one of them damn TE's.....Troy really needs to shadow Rice.........

Thread Information