Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Receiving Corps is Unstoppable

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Our Receiving Corps is Unstoppable

I honestly dont know how you defend these guys. Each ine has their own special skill set and then you throw in Heath and I'm at a loss. Kudos to BA for finally unleashing this offense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    YEah they are pretty impressive! Ben has to be loving life! and i hope the best is yet to come!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Outstanding job today by all 3 young WRs. game

Edit back home now:

Mike Wallace: 7-70 yds.
    Manny Sanders: 5-70 yds.
    Antonio Brown: 9-67 yds. 1 TD

That's a well rounded day right there folks. Everyone was involved and Ben was able to spread the ball around to anyone he wanted. It doesn't matter if you have a secondary like the Patriots that's struggling, or a top rated secondary, you can't cover everyone all day long. Somebody is going to be open and in the case today there were 2 targets open for Ben on a regular basis. These young guys are stepping up in such a big way. When you have that much speed and that much raw, young, ability the sky is the limit.

I know the New England's secondary is nothing special, however watching the Steelers players continually be able to beat man coverage and find the soft spots in the zone is very encouraging. They continue to get better every week, and with Hines Ward missing this game it was imperative that they answer the ball. All 3 of them are fearless and capable of making not only the tough catch in traffic for a clutch 3rd down but also the circus catch or stretching the field.

It's amazing to have this type of talent on a Steelers team, it's not happened in decades, if ever. You can go back to 70's era and you know Swann & Stallworth were 2 of the greatest ever and absolute money for Terry Bradshaw. Over the next 2 decades there was some talent sprinkled in here and there; Louis Lipps, Charles Johnson, Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes. Even just a few years ago when Holmes were there the Steelers had 2 legit WR's but it wasn't until the emergence of Mike Wallace that we started to get a sense of what this passing attack could be for the future.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-31-2011 at 12:56 AM.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Yes,great job from our receiving corp. Also loving Heath getting
    the ball like he always should in this game. We roll when Heath is.
    You can just see the difference when Heath is fully involved.
    Great job all around today!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wallace is just the best deep threat in the league and is an overall WR now...I don't want to hear anymore one trick pony crap.......My nick name for Manny Sanders is silk since he runs his routes as smooth as silk.......Of course Antonio Brown is just a star in the making.......Factor in Miller and yes this passing offense could be as good as any in the NFL......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Looks like this might be Hines last year,with the way they performed today,but u gotta give credit to our defensive back ups Cris Carter had a decent game, Cortez, Lewis to, our future is looking real bright on both sides of the ball...

My Mood
    Devilish
    i was... wrong. well, sort of. the secondary looked much better than usual, but woodley bringing the heat is what kept brady from picking us apart. "beat his ***, and we win". i said it somewhere and i was right. i just didnt think it would happen, which is why i was wrong. we can definitely hang with anyone at this point. i cant wait for next week.

This is what I and many expected from game 1. I loved the way they fought for every extra yard, the way we used Heath and even Mendy.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    This is what I and many expected from game 1. I loved the way they fought for every extra yard, the way we used Heath and even Mendy.
    Heath looked awesome today! We need to use him more in terms of receptions. He seldom if ever drops the ball.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Kind of hard to expect offensive performances like this when the OL was a mess.......The game today was the first time all season the Steelers had the same five starting OL in back to back games.....Starks really is the MVP of the season when you think about it.....He brought stability to the LT spot which was a mess with Scott in there......

Ben and his WR core are unstoppable as long as the OL provides Ben with enough protection to pick apart a defense.....

Thread Information