Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redzone offense must be improved

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Redzone offense must be improved

Hate to play this card, but someone has to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that we were in the redzone 5 times, and came away with 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals. That to me is just completely unexcusable, especially when 2 of those field goals (maybe all 3, I don't remember) came from inside the 10 yard line. Come on, you have got to put that in the endzone. Since I was at the game I obviously didn't have the best view of everything going on, so I don't know if it was the playcalling or the execution or what, but had the defense not been on it's A game today, those missed opportunites could have very well cost us the game, and actually almost did cost us the game. Thankfully they didn't..this time. That's the main thing that has to be looked at coming out of this game. When you're inside the 10, you have to put up 6 points. Period. Don't care how you do it, just get it done.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The answer to the red zone problem is using Miller down there. If we use Miller the same way the Pats, Saints, Jets and Chargers use their TE's in the red zone, we'll be fine.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The answer to the red zone problem is using Miller down there. If we use Miller the same way the Pats, Saints, Jets and Chargers use their TE's in the red zone, we'll be fine.
    Miller definitely spends too much time blocking in the red zone and not enough time being a receiver. I don't think he will fix all our problems though, we need to be able to punch a some more in on the ground too. This will bring the play action into play more effectively.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If we are passing in the red zone, Miller is the answer. As far as running it down there, I"d like to see them pitch it out to Mendy and let him follow his blocks into the end zone.

But also going to Redman in the red zone is a fine option too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Do you guys think BA will actually call more games like he did today? Or is it back to the good ol' BA and under performing Steelers? Can you imagine if we brought a gameplan like that every week? How good we would be? That's pretty much what the pats have done for years. We just beat them at their own game and if we could beat them like that, we could beat anybody.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Redzone Redman...just saying.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Redzone Redman...just saying.
    I'm actually coming around to mendy again. He seemed to run with more of a "Stride" today if you will. Limited dancing too! But yeah, let REDZONE REDMAN get the touches in the redzone and let mendy/redman, but more mendy, be the workhorse to get there....and more HEATH! He's good! Real good!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendy had a pretty decent game today..HAPPY KTRAIN?

But I still want Redman in short yardage and goal line/redzone situations. That will never ever ever change.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    But I still want Redman in short yardage and goal line/redzone situations. That will never ever ever change.
    No doubt, dude is a minibus. If Redman ever comes up short I immediately know mendy would have had no chance. Redman gives us the best shot on EVERY short yardage play.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    What a great game. They do need to iron out a redzone plan. The short or incomplete throw on first down, run on second and long then penelty for 3rd and longer plan has run its course..lol doesnt work. We should of won the game by 20 points. but I will take any win against the Pats!!!! I will be smiling all week...I just hope we can field a D next week..

Thread Information