Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who guards Boldin this week?

Bookmark and Share

Who guards Boldin this week?

It will be interesting to see who guards who against the Ravens. Boldin has been heating up lately but they also have Torrey Smith who is capable of making big plays down the field. Wonder who Ike guards this week.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Ike will be on Boldin and they will take their chances dropping both Troy and Clark back and having either Lewis or Gay cover Smith. Dont forget about Dickson the TE who hurt the Steelers a lot in the first matchup as well. The key is going to be shutting down Ray Rice and not letting him break any big ones or get it going...If he has a good game it changes everything for Flacco and that offense...

Will Evans be starting?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    It will be interesting to see who guards who against the Ravens. Boldin has been heating up lately but they also have Torrey Smith who is capable of making big plays down the field. Wonder who Ike guards this week.
    Put #28 on him. Why do you ask?

If not Ike, than Lewis. He can get the most physical out of all our corners. Boldin is a big guy, we need someone that can be physical with him.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

honestly i think lewis would be the best matchup, just cause hes physical and cant run with smith...ike would own torrey smith in every way, who really isnt that good

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    honestly i think lewis would be the best matchup, just cause hes physical and cant run with smith...ike would own torrey smith in every way, who really isnt that good
    I agree that Smith isn't that good yet but if he can beat one our CB's deep then it could be a big play for them and since these games are usually close it's important not to give up a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    I agree that Smith isn't that good yet but if he can beat one our CB's deep then it could be a big play for them and since these games are usually close it's important not to give up a big play.
    which is why i said ike...smith wouldnt stand a chance against ike, and while boldin is good hes not exactly what he used to be, im not to worried about whoever is on him since hes a slower WR

Forget metal face who covers Rice?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Assuming Ike is ready to go, which he said he will be after the game, you have to think Ike will be on Boldin. He's a tough, physical, player and Ike is as well.

This is a good test for the Steelers again because if Evans plays then you have to think Gay will probably be covering him and Lewis on Smith. Troy and Ryan Clark will help out those 2.

The Patriots have a good WR corp as well and our secondary held their own pretty well yesterday so I like our chances. Plus Flacco doesn't get rid of the ball quickly so the pass rush has a good chance to get there.

Thread Information