Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How's your confidence going in against Patriots?

Bookmark and Share

How's your confidence going in against Patriots?

I say I feel really good about the team pulling off a W this week against the pats compared to years past. The Pats are very vulnerable on defense, well against the pass they are ranked 32nd but against the run they are ranked 8th. I think if we use the gameplan we used a few weeks ago the week after Ben got his foot hurt we should be ok. I think we will run the ball effectivley against the Pats and that would further help us keep brady on the sideline. The pats are 1st in yards and pass yards per game offensivley and ranked 10th running the ball. I see them passing thre ball to open up the run though early which is mostly what they do with most teams. In years past I looked at us playing the Pats and had barely any confidence winning a game against them, this year though is different.

So how are you gys confidence wise this season actually beating the Pats?

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Well I`m not actually playing but I`m confident we outscore the pats. I think Ben is now on the same page as his recievers with Brown and Wallace coming on. I think our Dline now that they know who is starting has improved. The pats will score but with a good pass rush on brady we win!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Well I`m not actually playing but I`m confident we outscore the pats. I think Ben is now on the same page as his recievers with Brown and Wallace coming on. I think our Dline now that they know who is starting has improved. The pats will score but with a good pass rush on brady we win!
    I didnt mean it as if we were plying fyi lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    For some odd reason I'm actually semi confident, from an offensive standpoint. The Patriot defense is at the bottom of the league against the pass so there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to move the ball and get some big plays.

On defense, I'm not confident at all quite honestly. This is the first big test for the secondary and the linebackers in pass coverage. Matt Schaub barely threw the ball so they honestly haven't been tested since week 1. Ike Taylor will be on Wes Welker but I'm more worried about the linebackers and safeties coverage the short routes against the Patriot TE's.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I feel a lot more confident than everyone else on this board, mostly because the Patriots defense just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I feel a lot more confident than everyone else on this board, mostly because the Patriots defense just sucks.
    Thats exactly how I feel. . Yea, the Pats are def still a threat in this league but arent the team they once where. I hope we get going early and never stop pilling on points. But that can be a far stretch of a dream

Draft Pick
    I feel nervous that we will come out flat. It seems that the teams always has trouble against Brady and the Pats for whatever reason. The Steelers will have to bring their A game on both sides of the ball. crossing fingers.

i'm like brc, i'm semi confident. i belive we CAN win but that doesn't mean im not nervous either.

im expecting our defense to get shredded as always so if they show up somewhat it's already an improvement. although the more i think about it, i was at the game last year and as bad as it was, they didn't really start to pull away until after a few key injuries on the d in the 2nd half, us turning the ball over and skippy reed shanking a chip shot fg.

i do like the fact that woodley is playing out of his mind right now and hope he can use that momentum to have a big day. keisel is playing really well lately and he was one of our injuries in the 2nd half last year and that was a huge blow. i certainly hope our defense is more aggressive instead of the soft 10-15 yds off the line zone coverage we usually run. brady will always find an open man no matter how many guys you have in coverage. his line is far to good to get beat by a 3 man rush. dial up some blitzes, attack him from all angles. hit him early and often to disrupt the timing. i'm not worried about ochostinko at all but welker, gronkowski and hernandez scare me

as far as offensively i'm not worried about our ability to move the ball, just turnovers and settling for fg's instead of td's. we need to put up AT LEAST 30 to win this game.

idk, but i like the fact the pats are favored and i will LOVE IT if everyone in the media picks against us. i just want to beat these douches. so sick of losing to them.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hey, this has been a crazy year in the NFL so far. Anything can happen. The Ravens finally beat us, I think there's a good chance that we can finally beat the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Hey, this has been a crazy year in the NFL so far. Anything can happen. The Ravens finally beat us, I think there's a good chance that we can finally beat the Pats.
    Certainly hope so

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thread Information