Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just watched highlights from 2010 Pats game

Bookmark and Share

Just watched highlights from 2010 Pats game

Missed opportunities cost us. Manny missed a hot route that probably woulda been a TD, Jeff Reed missed a FG, Ben threw a pick 6 and was sacked 5 times. Our offense did start to pick it up later in the game though which is a positive sign. The most shocking thing to me though was the score at halftime. I forgot we were only down 10-3.

As is the case in most games the Steelers lose, they aren't beaten, they make mistakes and beat themselves. VS any team with a high powered offense, Steelers must take advantage of any scoring opportunity. What concerns me most of everything you said is the young WR's missing hot routes. I see this now as well. Definitely a cause/effect of no mini-camp or OTA's, but no excuses either.

Steelers just need to go out and play their game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    you're a brave man. Watching that game again for me would be almost as bad as re-watching the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    you're a brave man. Watching that game again for me would be almost as bad as re-watching the superbowl.
    Ha..it was tough.

BTW Does anyone know if we are wearing our throwbacks again? I LOVE those unis.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Missed opportunities cost us. Manny missed a hot route that probably woulda been a TD, Jeff Reed missed a FG, Ben threw a pick 6 and was sacked 5 times. Our offense did start to pick it up later in the game though which is a positive sign. The most shocking thing to me though was the score at halftime. I forgot we were only down 10-3.
    my thoughts exactly. i cant rewatch that game lol i sat through the entire thing in person, not going through that again lol. yeah down only 10-3 at halftime and the game didnt really start to get out of hand until we started having injuries on the d. keisel and timmons both came out, our dline was already depleted with smith out and hood not playing well at that point in the season. then throw in nick eason and that was bad. then like you said, the turnovers, not capitalizing in the redzone, reed's missed chip shot, etc it got blown wide open. god bless you for rewatching that debacle.....

--- Added 10/27/2011 at 05:18 PM ---

Ha..it was tough.

BTW Does anyone know if we are wearing our throwbacks again? I LOVE those unis.
    i love the throwbacks too although i know a lot of people hate them. not sure when we're wearing them this year. i think we'll save them for the ravens since we wore them for the pats last year. it's usually 1 day game and 1 primetime game for the throwbacks

Just saw Troys interview inside the Steelers locker room and the yellow throwback helmets were hanging on the lockers so I think we will wear them.

My Mood
    Manic
    Wow, re- watching that game is like staring at a turd that won't flush. Which is what the Pats and there fans are so it's fitting

That pick 6 was on Randle El. He had a horrid game.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    That pick 6 was on Randle El. He had a horrid season.
    Fixed that for you buddy
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Fixed that for you buddy
    Lol u beat me to it. El was a wasted roster spot last year......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thread Information