Thread: It's a 5 Star matchup because "they're" in it

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

It's a 5 Star matchup because "they're" in it

» Mike Tomlin wasn't about to say anything remotely controversial about the Patriots heading into Sunday's game, but running back Isaac Redman revealed what the Steelers' coach is saying to his team behind the scenes. "Like Coach Tomlin said, it's a five-star matchup because they're in it," Redman said. Tomlin used the phrase 'It's a five-star matchup because we're in it' all throughout the stretch run of the 2008 Super Bowl season when the Steelers faced Dallas, New England, Baltimore and Tennessee in consecutive weeks. "So far this year, we really don't have the respect from a lot of people we've had in the past," Redman said. "So these next upcoming weeks we go out and punch out these wins, and hopefully we'll get the respect we deserve."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's not like the Steelers to be that humble. By that I mean, we're used to the 5 Star matchup because we're in it talk, not them.

Tomlin is usually pretty careful with words and doesn't give bulletin board material as it is but I find it interesting that he is crediting the Patriots so much. Not without reason mind you, it's not like we've owned them for so long.

Redman did say that we need to go out and punch these wins and get respect back. Casey also mentioned that we are intimidated by nobody! Clearly the players are keeping this low key as well but at the same time you know they have to have had this game circled on their calendars.

Im glad he's saying that. We dont deserve respect until we beat a good team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Honestly I'm fine with the Steelers getting no respect right now. I always like the "use against the world" mentality that you can use when people aren't giving you a chance. Play with a chip on your shoulder, play tough, play like your lives depend on it and nobody thinks you can win but you.

Take that thinking into the game and let it all on the field. You never know what might happen.

Thread Information