Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How will the Steelers handle the Patriots Tight Ends

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wanted to revisit this thread and just give a shout out to the great job that Lebeau and his defense did against Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski. The man to man coverage just threw the Pats all out of whack, something they didn't expect. That freed up the linebackers and safeties to really help out in the intermediate and underneath coverage. Plus the guys just made plays, they were sure tacklers most of the time and hitting hard every chance they got.

Gronkowski still had 97 yds receiving I think but that was it, everyone else was neutralized.

This style of defense will be applicable against the Ravens, as well. We know Flacco makes a living off of short to intermediate passes to Ray Rice and his tight ends. You have to wonder if a defensive plan similar to that used in last week's game will be used this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    This style of defense will be applicable against the Ravens, as well. We know Flacco makes a living off of short to intermediate passes to Ray Rice and his tight ends. You have to wonder if a defensive plan similar to that used in last week's game will be used this Sunday.
    I hope so, Flacco is no Brady...

I just hope like hell we can get pressure on this c**k!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I disagree with this. The Ravens have trouble with zone coverage. Their receiver's excel vs man. If the Steelers come out and try to man up on the Ravens they will get beat. Lebeau needs to stick with the zone blitz schemes to confuse Flacco and make him hold onto the ball a split second longer.

guess what I shot a 4 point buck Sunday morning , then the Steelers beat the Pats , I'll try

to figure out how to send picture if any of you like to see , true story !

(relating to my post before the game just look back )

It was awesome to see the steelers D play up to the line of scrimmage on the Pats just like the Jets do . the steelers are looking better each week , I'm getting fired up on these guys .
    Last edited by pimplydan; 11-03-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola View Post
    I disagree with this. The Ravens have trouble with zone coverage. Their receiver's excel vs man. If the Steelers come out and try to man up on the Ravens they will get beat. Lebeau needs to stick with the zone blitz schemes to confuse Flacco and make him hold onto the ball a split second longer.
    Troy needs to jump in front of Boldin a few times and go for the int's... Let Taylor cover boldin..

Flacco is so predictable, you know he will throw 90% of the time to boldin in clutch situations.. 3 and longs.. redzone... etc....

He did this with Mason all the time. i recall troy ending a great game with a nice pick, knowing flacco would throw to mason troy jumped his route and that was the game..

I just need to see Flacco in the dirt early and often!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information