Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork vs the Steelers offensive line

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1 View Post
    Nothing I haven't heard before.

Our Oline has been stellar, and Vollmer looks to be coming back this week, which frees up Solder to block on the right instead of a TE. They're going to be tough to get through. I think we'll see a lot paths opened up for BJGE, so watch out for the running game. It's been a lot more balanced the last couple of games.

The problem with covering Gronk is you need to double cover him, and he still catches everything. And if you do that, you're leaving someone open, whether it's Branch, who catches everything, or Welker, who catches everything and more. His YAC this year have been spectacular. So if you double up on any one of these guys, Brady is going to the two TEs or Welker underneath. So, yes, the key to this offense is to get to Brady first, but it's going to be tough against our Oline. He'll throw quick screens all day to someone, and let's not forget about Woodhead, who excels at the short pass and sneaks under for 10 yards.

All I know is if the Pats want to win this game, they have to perfect on offense because the D isn't going to carry us against your team.
    The Law Firm had a very good game vs the Steelers last year.......Plus Woodhead is one sneaky little RB that can make a play on you if fall asleep on him.....I would think even Ridley would get some carries as well.......The Pats can do many things on offense from many different schemes....another reason why they're so tough to stop.......

--- Added 10/25/2011 at 06:22 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ah, that's what we all hope. But, it'll probably be more of Farrior on receivers that he has no business trying to cover, unfortunately.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd say that there's a difference between trying to make a football tackle and deliberately stomping on someone's bare face with your cleats. That's just me I guess.
    Exactly, Comparing Hansworth and what he did to the lights out play of Harrison is just stupid.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 10-25-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Manic
    The only thing that worries me about Haynesworth is him stomping on someone's skull.

God he was a fat piece of **** back then too. He will not dominate anyone

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`ve got a feeling That Pittsburgh going to win this game!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Haynesworth has been pretty quiet this year since the Patriots signed him.

He's been pretty quiet sicne he got that mega contract. Unless he was complaining about the defensive scheme, and then he was very loud. But on the field, he's done little since putting his name on that paper.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He's been pretty quiet since he sat his *** down on the Redskins bench and never got up again.

Scout's inc on espn insider actually picked us to win 26-24. Their keys for the steelers were to take shots down field, pass to set up the run, and be very aggressive in blitzing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At first glance, it appears the Steelers should exploit New England's soft underbelly -- a pass defense ranked last in the NFL.

The Steelers' fleet-footed receivers -- Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown -- should prance and dance through a surprisingly jittery secondary that may cause New England's usually stoic coach Bill Belichick to flinch every time quarterback Ben Roethlisberger settles into the pocket Sunday at Heinz Field.
    Unlike last season's 39-26 defeat, the Steelers might be able to keep up with the Patriots' run-and-gun offense.

But the Steelers are only cautiously optimistic, in part, because they will be challenged to run against a New England rush defense ranked fourth in the AFC and eighth overall.
    So far, the Steelers have followed a familiar script during their 5-2 start. Their passing game is lethal even when they have only minimal success pounding the ball between tackles.

"They have a good play-action game, which comes off the running game," said New England coach Bill Belichick. "They can throw it with not very many receivers on the field, or they can put a lot of receivers on the field."

If the Steelers are to avenge last year's loss, running backs Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman must make the most of their touches.
    "If we come out running the ball, everything else will open up," tight end David Johnson said. "Last year, I don't remember us doing anything well. But we have to be strapped up and ready to go this time."

Whatever game plan the Steelers come up with, it will be greatly influenced by the Patriots' mammoth, yet agile 6-foot-2, 325-pound nose tackle, Vince Wilfork.
    "He swallows up a lot of blockers," Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said. "He paves the way for the linebackers to make a lot of plays. We've got to handle him. We've got to be ready to block him.

"The Patriots rely on him a lot, especially in the run game. In the passing game, it's a little bit different."

The Steelers are confident they can exploit the Patriots' pass defense if Pouncey can handle Wilfork. And Pouncey will get plenty of help from guards Ramon Foster and Chris Kemoeatu, partly because the Patriots usually leave the guards uncovered.
    The Steelers' offensive front has been sporadic all season, mostly because of injuries. It played well in a 32-20 victory at Arizona last Sunday but has struggled against the NFL's best defensive linemen, including Baltimore nose tackle Haloti Ngata and Indianapolis defensive end Dwight Feeney.

The Steelers are averaging 117.9 rushing yards per game, which is eighth in the AFC. Mendenhall was largely shut down in a season-opening loss at Baltimore and in a last-second victory at Indianapolis. He faces a Patriots defense that yields 101.5 rushing yards per game.

Again, the challenge is to control and minimize Wilfork's ability to impact the game.
    The Patriots use Wilfork in a variety of ways in their 3-4 defensive set, sometimes allowing him to drift into pass coverage in blitz situations. He has two interceptions along with 25 tackles this season.

"He's the one who sets the tone," Kemoeatu said. "Ngata might be better, but not by much."

Of course, the Steelers want to control the time of possession. They would like to dictate tempo and pace, thus forcing New England to rely on something akin to a half-court game instead of an offense that thrives on fast-break opportunities.
    "We have to control the clock to keep Tom Brady off the field," Redman said. "It'll give our offense a chance to make adjustments."

Added Wallace: "When we're running, we have a chance. We don't want too many quick drives."

Waterboy
    He's been pretty quiet since he sat his *** down on the Redskins bench and never got up again.
    He didn't play much in Washington, you're right.

But he has had an impact in NE. Anytime a defensive lineman is getting doubled and tripled by the offense on every play he's in on, that is an impact. That's playing in the trenches, where football is won or lost.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1 View Post
    He didn't play much in Washington, you're right.

But he has had an impact in NE. Anytime a defensive lineman is getting doubled and tripled by the offense on every play he's in on, that is an impact. That's playing in the trenches, where football is won or lost.
    I'm just ragging on him cause I don't like him. I've never liked him. I haven't watched him much since he got to NE so I honestly don't know how he's been playing. I guess I'll see on Sunday.

Thread Information