Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork vs the Steelers offensive line

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork vs the Steelers offensive line

Haynesworth has been pretty quiet this year since the Patriots signed him. He's one of those guys that when he wants to play he's almost unblockable. However he's not exactly lighting up the stat sheet so far in 2011. He's still a concern though for Sean Kugler's group.

Depending on who he lines up against on any given play I would suspect the Steelers will end up having double team or use one of the Tight Ends to chip him. I'm not sold that he's going to completely dominate anybody, not even the Steelers line but they still have to be careful to not let him start teeing off and get in the backfield. Look for Bruce Arians to keep Heath Miller or David Johnson in to help block early on to see how things go. If Pouncey, Foster, and Kemoeatu can handle their own that will allow Ben to use both of his tight ends as weapons in the passing game more often. Playing against an offense like the Patriots you need every available player to make a play but first and foremost the protection of Big Ben has to be solid.

Haynesworth is as strong as an ox and like we said when he wants to play, he can be the best in the business. The line of scrimmage needs to be established for the Steelers and they need to take control of the game from the get go. If Haynesworth starts getting pressure it will be more difficult to stop him as the game goes on because you have to commit extra help which could free up the pass rush from another angle.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-26-2011 at 12:01 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The only thing that worries me about Haynesworth is him stomping on someone's skull.

Waterboy
    Just stopping in to say hoping for a great game on Sunday.

No worries about AH. Being a member of the patriots, he's pretty happy here and has been a model citizen on and off the field. The stats may not show that he's much of a threat on the field, but be assured that the fact that teams have to double and triple cover him makes his purpose on the team apparent.

We knew of his history when he came here, but with some age has apparently come some understanding of the dangers that his physicality posed. I'm sure you can understand that, having some players that have initiated some, shall we say, compromising hits to other players.

That being said, it should be interesting.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1 View Post
    Just stopping in to say hoping for a great game on Sunday.

No worries about AH. Being a member of the patriots, he's pretty happy here and has been a model citizen on and off the field. The stats may not show that he's much of a threat on the field, but be assured that the fact that teams have to double and triple cover him makes his purpose on the team apparent.

We knew of his history when he came here, but with some age has apparently come some understanding of the dangers that his physicality posed. I'm sure you can understand that, having some players that have initiated some, shall we say, compromising hits to other players.

That being said, it should be interesting.
    Do you understand sarcasm

AH is an interruptive force if there ever was one if he feels like it. It'll be very interesting seeing pouncey up against him.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Do you understand sarcasm
    I'm not following you. I just read you post about stomping on someone's skull and posted that, while I certainly understand your concerns, he's really shown none of that past behavior while here.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    AH is an interruptive force if there ever was one if he feels like it. It'll be very interesting seeing pouncey up against him.
    It should be a great match-up, no doubt.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm not following you. I just read you post about stomping on someone's skull and posted that, while I certainly understand your concerns, he's really shown none of that past behavior while here.
    I was joking. I mean, who would be stupid enough to try to crack somebody's skull twice right? But then again, who would be stupid enough to try to do it once...

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I was joking. I mean, who would be stupid enough to try to crack somebody's skull twice right? But then again, who would be stupid enough to try to do it once...
    Well, not to have this degrade into anything nasty, but it could be said that James Harrison might fit into that category, pursuing the same hit after the first fine, right?

I'm really just here to have a discussion, not get into anything. These two teams have had a great rivalry for the best part of a decade, and it's always interesting to hear other viewpoints.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well, not to have this degrade into anything nasty, but it could be said that James Harrison might fit into that category, pursuing the same hit after the first fine, right?

I'm really just here to have a discussion, not get into anything. These two teams have had a great rivalry for the best part of a decade, and it's always interesting to hear other viewpoints.
    I'd say that there's a difference between trying to make a football tackle and deliberately stomping on someone's bare face with your cleats. That's just me I guess.

And that's all I will say about that.

I am much more concerned with how Wilfork will match up against the offensive line. Casey Hampton thinks he's big.

Thread Information