Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Haynesworth & Vince Wilfork vs the Steelers offensive line

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    It will be an interesting match-up to see Wilfork and AH against your O guys. Wilfork plays most snaps, but AH is only in about half the game, if that. Andre Carter is a beast on the outside and appears to be getting better every game.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    This will be our new lines first test

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Waterboy
    Our front line defense has been improving every week after the dismal start. We're finally getting some pressure on the QB, and managing to stop the run. The secondary is still suspect, but since we've switched back from zone to man coverage, the CBs have been having better success at getting to the receivers. Arrington now leads the league in interceptions, and Chung is all over the field.

My Mood
    Horny
    I will say this Chung does see the entire field and has good range, I do though like Wallaces chance of getting deep

i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1 View Post
    Our front line defense has been improving every week after the dismal start. We're finally getting some pressure on the QB, and managing to stop the run. The secondary is still suspect, but since we've switched back from zone to man coverage, the CBs have been having better success at getting to the receivers. Arrington now leads the league in interceptions, and Chung is all over the field.
    Unfortunately for the Patriots, it's your CBs that you're gonna have to worry about. You can't really win with the weapons that we have on offense. You double up on Wallace, you leave Manny and Brown open to do some damage. You go single coverage on Wallace, he tears up your secondary. It's a lose lose situation for opposing defenses.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Unfortunately for the Patriots, it's your CBs that you're gonna have to worry about. You can't really win with the weapons that we have on offense. You double up on Wallace, you leave Manny and Brown open to do some damage. You go single coverage on Wallace, he tears up your secondary. It's a lose lose situation for opposing defenses.
    I'm not so sure you're right. I think if we get enough pressure on your QB, which we've had success doing in the past, he makes mistakes and throws INTs. Wallace is very fast and is turning into a phenom, but I think McCourty is a good match-up for him. They were able to contain Holmes and Burress, shut down the Jets' TE, in our last game, and pretty much completely shut down their running game.

Belichick always plan to take away the greatest threat. I'll be interested to see who he tries to take out this week, whether it's Wallace or Mendenhall.

Also, I'm not all that worried about your offense. I think our offense puts up enough points to cover whatever our defense might be lacking in.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan1 View Post
    I'm not so sure you're right. I think if we get enough pressure on your QB, which we've had success doing in the past, he makes mistakes and throws INTs. Wallace is very fast and is turning into a phenom, but I think McCourty is a good match-up for him. They were able to contain Holmes and Burress, shut down the Jets' TE, in our last game, and pretty much completely shut down their running game.

Belichick always plan to take away the greatest threat. I'll be interested to see who he tries to take out this week, whether it's Wallace or Mendenhall.

Also, I'm not all that worried about your offense. I think our offense puts up enough points to cover whatever our defense might be lacking in.
    Wishful thinking, but there hasn't been a CB yet that has been able to keep up with Wallace. In the games that he has under 100 yards, it's because of dumb play calling by BA. In the games that he's had over 100 yards..well, that's it. He's had over 100 yards. If McCourty does manage to shut him down, I'll offer up my props, for whatever that's worth.

I can guarantee you though, if BB is planning to take away the greatest threat, I highly doubt he's trying to take out Rashard Mendenhall. He's been a threat in a grand total of one game this year.

That's the beauty of the Steelers though. You take away Wallace, we have Brown and Sanders and Heath. You play Nickel Defense, Mendy or Redman or whoever will run the ball.

It's honestly not much of a rivalry since the Pats have won most meetings, but the Steelers aim to change that on Sunday.

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    That's the beauty of the Steelers though. You take away Wallace, we have Brown and Sanders and Heath. You play Nickel Defense, Mendy or Redman or whoever will run the ball.

It's honestly not much of a rivalry since the Pats have won most meetings, but the Steelers aim to change that on Sunday.
    Outside of the Burgh most ppl dont realize what a threat Antonio has turned into. But they will! Just worry about Wallace LOL thats a smart move! NOT!

i como enormes senos

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post

The same can be said of the Patriots, though. You take away Branch, you have Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, and an occasional 1st down by #85. BJGE has been running through everyone. I think your biggest threat, really every team's biggest threat, is Brady to Gronk. He's tough to take down. They've been successful against every defense out there since Gronk joined the team last year. Hernandez is still playing on a roughed-up knee, but he seemed to be truer to form last week.

I'll live with having Ocho as a decoy, along with Branch. I believe we can succeed just fine with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.

Thread Information