Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The loss by the Ravens last night to the Jags could be huge...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

The loss by the Ravens last night to the Jags could be huge...

If the Steelers beat the Ravens next Sunday and end up winning most of their other games this season that they have left on their schedule. The reason I say this because if the Steelers end up having the same number of losses as the Ravens,and same division record the next tiebraker I believe within the division to break a tie before conference record is common opponents and as long as the Steelers take care of both the Rams and 49ers the only two teams left on the Steelers Ravens schedule that are similar other then the division opponents this loss to the Jags by the Ravens last night would be the difference between the Steelers winning the division and the Ravens winning the division.

The Ravens still have to play 3 teams the Steelers already beat to match them in common opponents and that's Indy,Seattle,and Arizona, while the Steelers only have to play 2 and it's late in the year in the Rams and the 49ers. The Ravens already beat the Rams and still have to play the 49ers on Thanksgiving in the Harbaugh ******* bowl lol...The Steelers win against the Titans and the loss against the Texans cancel one another out because the Ravens lost to the Titans and beat the Texans.

With all that being said, winning this game against the Patriots on Sunday would be absolutely huge because if you then win the game against Baltimore you get a game up on them in the loss column and still own the tiebraker in the division and with the common opponents head to head. Regardless the loss by the Ravens to the Jags last night was completely and totally unexpected on my part and something that I believe will really come back to haunt the Ravens a great great deal especially if they dont win the game here in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 10-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Yea it will be huge only if we beat the ravens in a couple weeks. We have to focus on the Pats first though.

We have to take care of business. We should sweep the Bungles and Clowns, just gotta play mistake free versus the Rats

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One thing that worries me alittle bit, IF and I mean IF the Steelers can beat the Pats and Ravens, how much of a potential let down is there heading into that Bengals game? I don't care what the Bengals record is at that time there's no way they are better than either of the previous 2 opponents.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    We should sweep the Bungles and Clowns,
    Don't under-estimate those two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    One thing that worries me alittle bit, IF and I mean IF the Steelers can beat the Pats and Ravens, how much of a potential let down is there heading into that Bengals game? I don't care what the Bengals record is at that time there's no way they are better than either of the previous 2 opponents.
    I hope we get to worry about that!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    OMG I just heard! They lost to the Jags??!! They lost to the Titan earlier, both teams we beat. I feel like sending a personal thank you note for sucking so bad to Joe F but don't want the bad karma that would come with it. Wow, is all I can say...and

WOO HOO!!!!!
    :logospin:

For the 1st time since I can remember, Haloti Ngata got his *** whooped all night. Hope the Steelers watch this game film over and over. Lot of flaws in the Raven's "D" - and "O" for that matter.

My Mood
    Love
    Ratbirds' loss last night is the beginning of their demise. Another disaster in the baltimore chapter of crumbling in big games. Now it's time for the Steelers to do what they do best and it's win another division title. Take notes ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by LambertPolamalu View Post
    Ratbirds' loss last night is the beginning of their demise. Another disaster in the baltimore chapter of crumbling in big games. Now it's time for the Steelers to do what they do best and it's win another division title. Take notes ravens.
    Now that is how I envisioned the ravens playing for most of the season. I thought their D would still be pretty solid, but I thought their offense got worse through offseason changes and Flacco's ineptness at QB would become even more apparent with the loss of his safety valve (Heap). I thought they would go 7-9 this year. Obviously that likely isn't going to happen, but I'm still convinced that they really aren't all that good.

The play of the Steelers is the most frustrating thing for me this season because I just can't figure this team out. I feel as if I can generally read this team pretty well, but I have been so off this year regarding them I literally don't know what to expect from week to week.

Thread Information