Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben will have to match Brady this week.

Bookmark and Share
    Our offensive line will crumble, making their D look like the Ravens', BA's fantastic playcalling will be in midseason form, and our defense will have no answer for Hernandez, Gronkowski, or Welker. Pats 38 Steelers 17

My Mood
    Addicted
    If we go with the Offensive game plan we did against the Titans we win!, the problem with the cheaters is that they know our SCHEMES!!! on offense and defense! If we keep the cheaters offense on the sidelines we win MARK IT DOWN!!!

Ben plays like **** against the Patriots. Always tentative and tight in the ***, even though he'll end up making a bunch of mistakes. When it's the defense that should be afraid, it always seems like Ben is the one who comes out and plays a totally off game until garbage time.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    If Im Arians and Tomlin I am lining up 4 wide every single series and spreading the Patriots out and throwing the ball all over the field on their defense. You cant sit there and try and mix it up against Brady and this offense and hope that things work out. You gotta take off the gloves and be a little bit unconventional in regards to your approach. The Patriots defense is no better then the Steelers defense at this point and if Ben gets time to throw the ball in this game and can spread the Patriots weak pass defense out and get on a roll the Steelers can at the very least match the Patriots score for score in this game and then hope that the homefield advantage and the Steelers defense steps up at some point late in the game and makes a game changing play. I think the Steelers can win this game but it's going to be high scoring and a shootout something along the lines of 34-31 or 31-28...

--- Added 10/24/2011 at 10:55 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Ben plays like crap against the Patriots. Always tentative and tight, even though he'll end up making a bunch of mistakes. When it's the defense that should be afraid, it always seems like Ben is the one who comes out and plays a totally off game until garbage time.
    I agree with you and that is what worries me. He has been playing very very well the last 3 games throwing something like 8 or 9 TD's while only throwing 1 INT in that period, He is long overdue to have a bad game where he is off and not clicking on all cylinders, and when you combine the fact that the Patriots and Belichick have had a bye week and 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers it's going to make things that much more difficult...
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-25-2011 at 12:59 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    For some reason, I don't think the Patriots will have as much success against us as the usually do. I know I really have no reason to feel that way, except for one person on their team: The Law Firm. I think, like every other team has thus far, the Patriots will try to establish the run against us early. In the first 3 weeks, teams had a lot of success against us with the run, but recently, we've been shutting it down. I think they run BenJarvus Green Ellis a lot early in the game, and he'll get shut down. That being said, the first half I think will be relatively low scoring (well, low scoring for the Patriots), because I think they're gonna go with the run more than the pass. Call me crazy, but I can just see them running a lot in the first half, not leading to much.

The second half is what we have to worry about, after they've made their adjustments and come out throwing. Also because, as we've seen, our Steelers always come out to play the second half looking like they were just taking a little nap in the locker room. But I'm not going to say now that we can't stop their passing attack, because I think we can. Our pass defense has been pretty good this year, something that we're not used to as Steeler fans, so I think we're all running for the hills already. Our defensive line will get pressure, and our linebackers will be able to break free, like they have been doing for the last few games. The one thing you have to take from Brady is his cockiness and his confidence. One he starts to get hit, he's done.

All in all, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet and say this is a gonna be a shutout for the Patriots. Things are going to happen in this game that are going to tilt the tables in our favor.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I think this is the first year we match NE on offense. We have as many weapons on offense as they do. It will come down to gameplan on offense and execution on D.
    I hope I can meet your positive outlook. Unfortunately, the Pats have had our number over the last several meetings. My fondest hope is that our D-Line parks Brady on his butt early and often and finds a way to take Welker out of the game plan. That would make me very happy.
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted
    it's gonna come down to lebeau and his defense. he's gotta come up with something new. rushing 3 and dropping 8 in coverage is a losing game plan. the pats have no real deep threat. take away welker and get in brady's face up the middle. force him to make throws earlier than he'd like. when he feels foot steps he's not as accurate. when he can have a sandwich and a cup of coffee, he picks us apart.

on offense, we have to have balance. not just the same amount of runs and passes, but quality runs and passes. ball control is key...keep brady off the field and churn the clock.

if we go into this game with the same game plan we have in the past, forgetaboutit! if we show them a new, different, better wrinkle, we have a great chance.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    the pats have no real deep threat.
    That statement right there goes to show you how insignifcant of an acquisition that Chad Ocho Cinco has been for the Patriots. He has basically been a non-factor for them in their offense so far this season. I think Ike will be able to shut him down much like he did all the time when he was on the Bengals. It's guys like Welker and the two tight ends Gronkowski and Hernandez I am most concerned about hurting the Steelers in this game Sunday..

Rookie Free Agent
    Have a little faith steeler nation.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    If they score a TD, we need to score getting behind will kill us..
    Yes, that's true. But if Brady passes for 4 TDs, Ben doesn't have to as well. We need to score more than they do, but that doesn't mean Ben needs to keep up with Brady.

The best way to beat the Pats is to keep that horrid D on the field as long as possible and not let Brady beat you. And you do that by running the ball (we should be able to against the Pats) and controlling the clock.

Thread Information