Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben will have to match Brady this week.

Bookmark and Share

Ben will have to match Brady this week.

Let's face it, Brady will put some points on the board. IMO the only way we win is to out score them on offense...

Sounds like a no brainer but trying to shut Brady down on defense will drive this team nuts, the O will have to put up some major points..

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd feel a lot better about this game if Harrison was playing. Bradys gonna attack with those little dink and dunk passes all day long. I still wish they'd put Timmions back on the inside so we'd have more speed across the middle. Just don't think Foote and Farriers gonna be able to keep up.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 10-24-2011 at 11:08 AM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Welker and the two TE's worry the hell out of me.. They've also been running the ball better as of late..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    This game has all the makings of a Patriots' victory. They have not lost after the bye during the Brady/Hoodie years... They are throwing the ball to Welker at a record pace... As was said, they are now running the ball better too.

The achilles' heel? Their defense is NOT good. Must take advantage and take care of the ball.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Aren't all good things bound to end? Could this be the game we figure out how to shut them down and give them a well deserved beating??

My Mood
    Manic
    I think that if we shut down the middle we can give the offense a chance to win. I love how everyone hears TOM BRADY and says we can't win or smells like a patroits victory . Well i'm gonna cheer for my team every week and i expect them to win every week the Pats aren't as good this year as they have been.We have had more success than them in the last 5 years. Plus they have a rookie right tackle just like us . We have the advantage in that cuz our pass rush is better.

Veteran
    If Ben goes in there with the intention of matching Brady, then we already lost.

They need to go in there with the intention of exploiting NE's weaknesses on defense, running the ball and keeping Brady off the field. And on D, getting pressure on him and knocking him on his butt as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    If Ben goes in there with the intention of matching Brady, then we already lost.

They need to go in there with the intention of exploiting NE's weaknesses on defense, running the ball and keeping Brady off the field. And on D, getting pressure on him and knocking him on his butt as often as possible.
    If they score a TD, we need to score getting behind will kill us..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think that if we shut down the middle we can give the offense a chance to win. I love how everyone hears TOM BRADY and says we can't win or smells like a patroits victory . Well i'm gonna cheer for my team every week and i expect them to win every week the Pats aren't as good this year as they have been.We have had more success than them in the last 5 years. Plus they have a rookie right tackle just like us . We have the advantage in that cuz our pass rush is better.
    I have no reason to smell anything OTHER than a Pats victory. What have done against Brady to think otherwise? Looking back at the games against NE with Hoodie as HC, we usually end up beating ourselves. Poor tackling, turnovers, bad special teams, etc. This is a classic case of where offense cannot settle for field goals. If we aren't scoring TD's we are going to be in trouble.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I have no reason to smell anything OTHER than a Pats victory. What have done against Brady to think otherwise? Looking back at the games against NE with Hoodie as HC, we usually end up beating ourselves. Poor tackling, turnovers, bad special teams, etc. This is a classic case of where offense cannot settle for field goals. If we aren't scoring TD's we are going to be in trouble.
    I think this is the first year we match NE on offense. We have as many weapons on offense as they do. It will come down to gameplan on offense and execution on D.

Thread Information