Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some more insight on deciding the final 3

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    This actually a very interesting point you made Friday... Once the new coach comes in with his chest all pushing out he could decide he wants his own coaching staff from top to bottom! Hopefully, the Rooney's put some restrictions on who the new coach can and can't replacement, because otherwise we might just see a Cardinals coaching staff that looks very familiar
    i don't think that would happen, maybe with an older coach, but with the two guys we are interviewing i doubt they are gonna wanna step on any toes their first crack at being head coaches
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ive been saying this all over the forums since this whole mess started. Assistant coaches who leave for full time HC jobs somewhere else can't just take our coaches because they feel like it. Our coaches are under contract, none of them can leave unless the Team gives them permission to do so. As long as we hire Grimm and even if we don't, the chances of Lebeau going somewhere else are Slim to none at the very best. He's been around a long time, he's not a young pup anymore, he's happy in Pittsburgh and he knows the players well, he's got the prime gig he could ever ask for at this point in his life.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Guys...Guys.. Dick Lebeau is under contract, he's got the highest assistant coach rank you can get, Defensive Coordinator. He's happy in Pittsburgh, he's not going to jump ship to Arizona to start all over when he's got a set defense and good players here.
    +1

I just don't see Rivera or Tomlin making changes this season. If one those men becomes the HC they know the Steelers have coach LeBeau and are built for the 3-4 defense. Maybe overtime I could see the Steelers moving from the 3-4 under Rivera/Tomlin but not right away.

how many coaches did cowher keep from noll's staff? just one. what did noll run when he left? a 4-3 right? cowher changed that over to a 3-4. i'm not saying lebeau is going to leave on his own. however if the new coach is someone other than grimm i could see them bringing in their own system and coaches. lebeau could end up in arizona at that point. frankly i think he's done well by us and should consider calling it a day, hell he's going to be 70. one coach i would want them to keep though is darren perry. i think he's got a big upside.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    how many coaches did cowher keep from noll's staff? just one. what did noll run when he left? a 4-3 right? cowher changed that over to a 3-4. i'm not saying lebeau is going to leave on his own. however if the new coach is someone other than grimm i could see them bringing in their own system and coaches. lebeau could end up in arizona at that point. frankly i think he's done well by us and should consider calling it a day, hell he's going to be 70. one coach i would want them to keep though is darren perry. i think he's got a big upside.
    Actually the Steelers ran the 3-4 the last 5 or so years of Noll's career.

I just looked it up with google. The Steelers have ran the 3-4 defense since 1983.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-16-2007 at 03:54 PM.

opps my bad.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    The next head coach cannot flip over to a 4-3. The personnel is suited for a 3-4. We go 4-3 it wil be a clusterfudge for at least the first season. Probably two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    The next head coach cannot flip over to a 4-3. The personnel is suited for a 3-4. We go 4-3 it wil be a clusterfudge for at least the first season. Probably two or three.
    +1

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    +1
    i think it's time for a rep system to eliminate these post lol

ppl stop worrying so damn much......we ain't gonna switch to a 4-3, ain't no point in talking about it lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    i think it's time for a rep system to eliminate these post lol

ppl stop worrying so damn much......we ain't gonna switch to a 4-3, ain't no point in talking about it lol
    Is that all you do is whine?lol

Thread Information