Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers now in control of their own destiny these next 3 weeks...

Bookmark and Share

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I'll take 2-1 these next 3 weeks without question. I just can't see them beating both the Patriots and Ravens in back to back weeks.
    Nobody expect them to beat the Cheaters and Eagles in 04 either, if we go 2-1 i prefer to go 3-0 but if we go 2-1 im ok because if we beat our divisions foes we are still in the hunt! but the Cheaters know our schemes on offense and defense, if we keep the cheaters offense off the field we win the game, cause they defense SUCKS! but we have to go with the offensive game plan we had against the Titans!!!

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Going 3-0 in this stretch puts the Steelers at 8-2 at the bye week with games left against at Kansas City,home against the Bengals,Browns,and Rams,and on the road at San Francisco,and at Cleveland. Even if they do go 2-1 and both of the wins are against the Ravens and Bengals it will still put the Steelers in a good position to win the division and get a top 2 seed in the playoffs or at the very worst a wildcard playoff spot. 2-1 I feel with wins against both the Ravens and Bengals is almost a MUST...

They really need the Ravens and Bengals games. I'll trade a complete slaughterfest via the Patriots if the Steelers can win those divisional games. In a way, this scheduling could be good. The Patriots usually beat the Steelers by a large margin, so the game against the Ravens could be a complete must win: They'll need to bounce back from a loss earlier in the season, they'll need the win for the division, they'll want to rebound from the prior week's loss and they'll want to beat the Ravens for pride.

2-1 leaves a great chance to win the division. 1-2 and they are pretty well douched.

My Mood
    Addicted

So we're tied with the rats, right.

After the loss to the jags and the titains. Teams we beat, this puts us tied in the division with them doesn't it.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Addicted
    record wise...yes, but they still own head to head tie breaker. but it doesn't matter now...still a long season left to be played.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Impatient
    No, technically we are a half game up since they have had their bye and we havent. We are 5-2 and they are 4-2. I know its silly, but I like being first in the division.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Correct, we are technically on top of the division based on the bye week. If they had not had their bye and our records were the same then they' be a 1/2 game ahead of us since they won in week 1.

I fully expect the Steelers to take out their aggression from week 1, on the Ravens when they come to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. There's no way on the planet they can afford to lose that game.

Well, the Jags laid out the blueprint for beating the Ravens.

#1 control the ball and just pound the Rock.
    #2 Take away Flacco's #1 receiver and Ray Rice, and he gets happy feet.

Regarding NE, just keep up with them (score for score). Defense playing a lot better as of late, just have to watch Gronkowski, Hernendez and of course, Welker. I say blast him com,ing across the field and take the 15 to get him out of the game.

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers win 3/3 or 2/3. We'll be sittin pretty boys and girls.

You can pretty much throw away all the numbers. It'll all come down to the next game between us. Whoever wins that one will likely be the division champions. Although I'm not going to rule out both teams dropping a game or two to Bengals and Browns which would spice everything up quite a bit.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information