Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers now in control of their own destiny these next 3 weeks...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers now in control of their own destiny these next 3 weeks...

When they meet the Pats Ravens and Bengals . While going 3-0 against these 3 teams the next 3 weeks is going to be very very tough if the Steelers somehow do they will then be in control of destiny for the rest of the season in terms of getting possibly homefield and a bye and winning the North over the Ravens. I had made a thread on here a few weeks back after the Steelers had lost to Houston that winning the next 3 games against the Titans Jags and Cards was an absolute MUST if the Steelers were to have any hopes to still win this division and they took care of business and did just that. Now the real tests will come the next 2 weeks for the Steelers at home with both the Pats and Ravens coming to town probably the 2 best teams in the AFC right now. We will truly see how good the Steelers are these next few weeks based on how they play and fair against these 2 teams. Great job by the Steelers overall these last 5-6 weeks of overcoming that debacle of a loss in Baltimore and that tough loss in Houston at the start of October and overcoming some serious tough injuries these last few weeks and still finding a way to win and put themselves at 5-2 going into the games with the Pats and Ravens and ultimately putting themselves in great position to make a legit move to the top of the AFC. I cannot wait to discuss this game with you on the podcast on Wednesday night BRC should be a fun fun week for sure. Bring on Marsha Brady and the Patriots next Sunday at Heinz Field...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll take 2-1 these next 3 weeks without question. I just can't see them beating both the Patriots and Ravens in back to back weeks.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troyisabeast will be joining us on the Blitzburgh Radio podcast this week. I'm anxious to talk scenarios with you dude, it's always a treat reading your breakdowns.

I am cautiously optimistic that the Steelers can go 2-1 in this stretch. Beating the Ravens and Bengals is far more important than beating the Patriots, because they are divisional games. Now, getting a win against Brady is definitely important because they are a top flight team and an AFC opponent. However our track record is not the greatest against them either at home or away. I would do the happy dance if we can somehow get a win against them this coming Sunday but if we don't, winning the next 2 is a must regardless.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I would do the happy dance if we can somehow get a win against them this coming Sunday but if we don't, winning the next 2 is a must regardless.
    If we win against them on Sunday, I'll be doing the happy dance with 60,000 other Steeler fans

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    If we win against them on Sunday, I'll be doing the happy dance with 60,000 other Steeler fans
    I'll break out the happy feet dance, Shuffle and all if we win!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The funny thing is, this team has the talent to beat the Patriots, no question about it. However can they do it is another story. It's all about execution, plain and simple.

Beating the Ravens though is an absolute must. The Bengals will falter down the road, they always do. If the Steelers lose to Baltimore again though you can pretty much kiss a divisional playoff title goodbye and hope for a wildcard. Unless the Ratbirds epically tank games they shouldn't that is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    If they can go 3-0 in that stretch I'll post up a youtube video of myself doing the happy dance!

If we can stop the two tight end attacks these next two weeks we're going all the way once again. Plus we get a chance to work on it before the playoffs. For some reason that's our cryptonite.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Just beat the ratbirds and bungles. I'd love to beat the patriots but just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    We owe the Patriots and we owe the Ratbirds.
    Now that we are finally starting to roll a bit,now is the time
    to rack up AFC wins. A win over NE will be a huge confidence
    boost for the Ratbird showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The funny thing is, this team has the talent to beat the Patriots, no question about it. However can they do it is another story. It's all about execution, plain and simple.

Beating the Ravens though is an absolute must. The Bengals will falter down the road, they always do. If the Steelers lose to Baltimore again though you can pretty much kiss a divisional playoff title goodbye and hope for a wildcard. Unless the Ratbirds epically tank games they shouldn't that is.

If they can go 3-0 in that stretch I'll post up a youtube video of myself doing the happy dance!
    We've always had the talent to beat new england. The problem is new england doesn't turn the ball over and we usually do against them. Also, especially on defense, we play right into their hands with the soft, 10 yds off the line zone coverage. Im HOPING we go with the plan we switched to after the pats beat us last year. We are long overdue for beating them with brady. I am sick and tired of losing to those chumps and hearing the chirping up here in ct....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thread Information