Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace & Antonio Brown each with 100+ yds. receiving

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Mike Wallace & Antonio Brown each with 100+ yds. receiving

Even though he didn't score a touchdown, he had by far his best game to date.

Antonio Brown:
    Punt Returns 2 - 47 yds.
    Kickoff Returns 3 - 66 yds.
    Receiving 7 - 102 yds.

Mike Wallace:
    Receiving 3 - 118 yds. 1 TD.

The circus catch down the sidelines was one for the highlight reels for Brown. This is exactly what you want to see out him, and Emmanuel Sanders as well today who was 5 - 46 yds and 1 TD. Ben is starting to develop a nice rapport with his young guys and their route running is improving every week. With Hines Ward out with the ankle injury it gave all the young guys a chance to step up their game and they came through for Ben on a day when the run game was struggling.

You just can't say enough about Mike Wallace. The fastest player in the NFL is a human highlight reel. The 95 yd. touchdown pass was the longest pass play in Steelers history. As soon as he caught you knew there was no way he was going to be caught. He will be able to pretty much write his own check when the time comes. It's so great to finally have a player like Wallace who can outrun the entire league and make the big catches when you need it.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-23-2011 at 10:07 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Manny and Brown both looked better overall today. It was good for them to be put up against some young corners and get their confidence up. Hopefully they can bring the same mentality against a below average Patriots defense.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its just a matter of time before Brown starts doing this week in and week out....You know he won't be doubled either since Wallace receives so much attention from defenses.....Sanders made some plays today as well....Just a matter of time before Ben starts connecting with these two on those deep passes.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good point 32, Brown will get a lot of one of one looks because everyone focuses on Wallace. How many times today did we see 2 sometimes 3 guys trying to cover Mike Wallace. Sanders and Brown have to win their one on one battles and so far, today especially, they've been doing a good job of it.

Both he and Wallace had 100+ yds today receiving. It will take that kind of performance to beat the Patriots.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Props to Brown...It was nice to see Sanders contribute today, we need a lot more of this from both players.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Hines getting hurt allowed the young money crew to show off. Cotch finally gets a chance and drops an easy one, he'll see more of the pine..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Hines getting hurt allowed the young money crew to show off. Cotch finally gets a chance and drops an easy one, he'll see more of the pine..
    I love Ward but I was pumped to see him out of the game....Ward still has a role but I want the young to continue to play and grow......Both Brown and Sanders have battled growing pains no doubt but the only way they improve is by playing.....I want to see Ward more in the slot and as a 3rd/4th WR.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't say I was "pumped" to see him leave necessarily..LOL. However I was anxious to see Sanders and Brown get more playing time in an important game. I definitely want Ward out there next week, it's going to be war out there in a HUGE game. That being said though, if he can't go or is very limited I have faith in the young guys to be able to get it done.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I can't say I was "pumped" to see him leave necessarily..LOL. However I was anxious to see Sanders and Brown get more playing time in an important game. I definitely want Ward out there next week, it's going to be war out there in a HUGE game. That being said though, if he can't go or is very limited I have faith in the young guys to be able to get it done.
    I love Hines but you know me Matt....I'm not the sentimental type.... I think Ward's role should be limited and we need the young WR's to receive most of the reps...Ward is still important as a mentor for the young WR's and when Ben needs a key first down then Ward is a good security blanket....But we also saw today when Wilson just jumped on Ward on that play....Ben had to wait and wait for Ward's slow *** to get open...lol

I love Hines to death but when ever Sanders and Brown is on the field together someones always wide open. I hate to say it but Hines may be holding our offense back and this is probably his last year superbowl or not. These young guys can't be held one on one because one of them will be open.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information