Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaMarr Woodley Complains About Lack of Steelers Highlights on NFL Network

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

LaMarr Woodley Complains About Lack of Steelers Highlights on NFL Network

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...-network/93724

LaMarr Woodley is known for speaking his mind, so it wasn’t a surprise to hear what he said during an interview on NFL Network’s Around the League Live Thursday.

“You all need to start putting the Pittsburgh Steelers in more of your highlights,” he told host Fran Charles. “Y’all don’t put us in enough highlights.

“I watch NFL Network all day everyday, even when they repeat the shows. Steelers, we get no love. Why is that?” he asked.

Charles vehemently disagreed and playfully denied the charge. Woodley’s ribbing was said in a friendly manner, but it doesn’t change his core point: He feels like the Steelers aren’t getting enough love.

I don’t know if his assertion is accurate, but I do know that when I watch NFL Network on Sundays, highlights from all the games are shown. However, in general, the Steelers have not received as much attention as usual. That’s probably because they started the season 2-2 and because they haven’t beaten an elite opponent. Give us a reason to talk about you, and we will.

Steelers fans may join the complaining and whine about the lack of respect from the national media, but they shouldn’t. We’ve learned many times that disrespect, real or imagined, is a motivating tool for athletes. This mentality can be a good thing for the Steelers.
    Okay LaMarr, you have to pick your battles man. There are things worth complaining about, and there are things not worth complaining about. This is one of those things that you probably shouldn't open your big mouth for.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I hear ya but like he says at the end, anything that gets them motivated......I don't care what it is.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Maybe there ain't any LaMar. Now if you and your buds would just get it on during the game then we be talkin some chit.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers haven't exactly lit up the highlight reel very often this year. Plus they haven't played in any marquee games to date except for the Ravens and Texans, both of which they lost.

They'll make the highlights in November with those next 3 games coming up against the Patriots, Ravens, and Bengals...well maybe not the Bengals but...LOL.

Make a play if you want to see yourself on NFLN or ESPN. Tackling a RB after four yards isn't highlight material.

Yawn.........

Smarten up Woody!

My Mood
    Manic
    The team hasn't had a lot of highlights but for what it's worth Mendenhall's68 yrd run and Wallace's Catches over 40 yds are bigger plays than Teabags 12 yrd touchdown run both of which were left of plays of the week while the latter made it so as much as it doesn't matter he has a point. Plus more than Sapp has railed about the age of the defense. We are dealing with prideful guys here .

--- Added 10/21/2011 at 04:57 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Steelers haven't exactly lit up the highlight reel very often this year. Plus they haven't played in any marquee games to date except for the Ravens and Texans, both of which they lost.

They'll make the highlights in November with those next 3 games coming up against the Patriots, Ravens, and Bengals...well maybe not the Bengals but...LOL.
    "Every matchup were in is a five star match up"-Mike Tomlin

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I love Woodley but man really who cares...lol

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

LaMar. Lose to the Cards. Guarantee you get some press bro.

And their fans.

I woudnt call it "complaining." it's not like he randomly brought it up in the lockerroom or something.

Thread Information