Roasted Salmon Salad With Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tspn dried cranberries
8 dried apricots, thinly sliced
2 tspn Dijon mustard
2 tspn honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal portions
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
8 cups spinach leaves, washed
2 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
3 tbsp toasted chopped pecans
1. reheat oven to 425° F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, water, cranberries and apricots. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain and reserve liquid and fruit. Combine liquid with mustard, honey and oil.
3. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer them to prepared baking sheet. Bake fillets for 5-7 minutes, until fork-tender.
4. Meanwhile, place 2 cups of spinach on each of 4 plates. Top each plate of spinach with 1/2 cup squash and 1/2 cup bell pepper.
5. Place a cooked salmon fillet atop each salad and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of pecans. Top with 2 tablespoons of dressing and 1 tablespoon of reserved fruit.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Facts (Per Serving)
Fat: 13.4 G
Protein: 28 G