Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Worilds is coming back, who would you start at OLB?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Now that Worilds is coming back, who would you start at OLB?

Worilds is coming back to the lineup this week after a quad injury that's kept him out of the lineup the last couple of games. With Timmons playing his spot and doing a decent job at it, would you hand over the reigns to Worilds and put Timmons back in the middle, or leave Timmons on the outside and keep Worilds in reserve?

#94 has such great speed and quickness that he's definitely an asset on the outside as well as inside. Plus both Farrior and Foote have been playing well on the inside in the last 2 weeks. You can make the case for leaving Timmons out there and then if something happens with one of the inside 2 backers you can move Lawrence back to his natural position and then bring in Worilds.

On the other side of the coin, Worilds needs experience to see if he's going to live up to his potential. He had a pretty sub par camp and preseason so I would hope he's anxious to redeem himself and show what he's got.

The more I think about it I'd probably stick Worilds in there and see how he does for the time being.

not even a question, keeping getting timmons reps, he'll find himself comfortable on the outside shortly....especially since the old MLBs are doing a fine job (did sly play much?)

worilds is atrocious against the run and an all around poor player. Poor mans clark haggans, yuck

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So would you label him a bust already? He's in his second year so yes I'd like to see him making more of an impact. There are linebackers coming right out of college that step in an play well. I was hoping Worilds could be that guy. Maybe he still can be, he's got the raw pass rush skills.

I agree with you against the run, he just get blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    worilds is atrocious against the run and an all around poor player. Poor mans clark haggans, yuck

See I could say the same for Timmons playing outside..

I say move LT back to the middle and put Worilds at ROLB and see what happens. For God's sake, he is a 2nd round pick and at SOME point, he has to contribute to this team. And if it doesn't work, move LT back outside and put Foote in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    See I could say the same for Timmons playing outside..
    first start at OLB was a bit shaky, but id bet if he gets the start again hes gonna look more like a grown *** man out there.

first start at OLB was a bit shaky, but id bet if he gets the start again hes gonna look more like a grown *** man out there.
    I trust ya, but it's a hard pill to swallow not seeing him on the stats sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I trust ya, but it's a hard pill to swallow not seeing him on the stats sheet.
    its kinda hard to show up on a stat sheet when woodley steals it and runs away marking his own stats down. he took **** over, it was refreshing to see that before december

its kinda hard to show up on a stat sheet when woodley steals it and runs away marking his own stats down. he took **** over, it was refreshing to see that before december
    Very true.

My Mood
    Devilish

Thread Information