Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can the Steelers continue to win if...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The D just has to stay disciplined and focused on their assignments and the turnovers will start happening.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You have to think that sooner or later they are going to have a break out game and we'll start seeing the ball bounce their way in turnovers. There's just no way you think otherwise considering how close they have come in every game this year. One step quicker here and there and this team has probably 10 interceptions so far.

No one has really gone to town on us this season to date.

Even though teams are having more success running the ball on us, the best way to beat us still remains through the air.

I see Zona having a bash at us, so we might see a pick or two this week, as the ball will be in the air a little more often and the QB will be sat back there a little longer.

I've been pretty disappointed with the pressure off the ends, what with Silverbacks not quite right back and Woodley's Millions weighing him down, we've been pretty average.

I'd like to see Woodley, kept more fresh by adding a dose of Carter or Worilds now and again. The Wood is often seen wheezing and lethargic if he's been active the play before. It would also keep the Tackles on their toes.

Rookie Free Agent
    The problem with turnover margin stats and the majority of football stats...is that they are each independent observations, and not an actual time trend where you can do regression analysis and forecast future turnovers. So to say that the steelers can't win because of the past independent observations, is flawed. As a stats-esque major (business economics), one will find that football is the HARDEST sport to forecast and predict because of too many dependent variables (who is on the field, weather, who you playing, the aspect of four downs, etc...).

Football is much more a game of matchup analysis, and to be honest, we really have not played a gunslinger this year, except maybe schaub (thats pushing it)...so few INT

And fumbles are the same thing, we have played alot of NFL Stud RB's...(foster, jones, johnson, rice) who don't fumble often.

The turnovers will come...just don't look too much into the stats.

Also, historically speaking, Baseball and Soccer are the easiest to bet on. In case anyone likes making money...

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Steelers D will force 3 turn overs Sunday vs the Cards...two picks and a fumble.....
    Cool you found it.. i wondered were my Crystal Homer Ball rolled to.

Thread Information