Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlin's press conference notes, Injury updates

Bookmark and Share
    Like Hoke, McClendon has a non-stop motor, he just needs reps as not to wander out of position. Good to see Kemo come back, thought Trai Essex stunk more than usual on Sunday when Legs went down.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Essex was fine for the remainder of the first half when he was in. The whole line had issues in the 2nd half, it wasn't just Essex. Plus Trai did play pretty well at LG last week when Legs went down. Overall if Trai has to play LG for awhile I'm not overly concerned. Obviously Kemo is the better option. I'd rather have Essex at Guard than Tackle for sure.

Looking forward to seeing McClendon and Ironhead in action again. Wudnt wish injury on anyone, but the loss of big snack is a blessing in disguise for the new boys.

I'd like to see Worilds back at ROLB

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    you missed one . . . .

- Arians officially brain dead, but should be okay for the next 11 weeks!!!
    Thats the Spirit...

My Mood
    Addicted

Injury updates 10/19

The Steelers' offensive line has to weather yet another injury. But the loss of guard/center Doug Legursky could be softened by the return of right tackle Marcus Gilbert and left guard Chris Kemoeatu.
    Legursky will be out "a number of weeks" after dislocating a toe on his left foot, coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. Legursky started the previous two games at left guard for Kemoeatu, who has been sidelined by a knee injury. Tomlin said Kemoeatu and Gilbert, out last week because of a bad shoulder, are on track to play this week.
    How much both are able to practice, Tomlin said, will determine their availability for Sunday's game at Arizona. The Steelers have started six different offensive line combinations in as many games this season.
    » Injuries have also caused the Steelers to do some shuffling along their defensive line. That apparently won't change, with nose tackle Casey Hampton (shoulder) and defensive end Aaron Smith (foot) unlikely to play for a third straight week. Chris Hoke, who has started the past two games at nose tackle, is questionable after sustaining a stinger last Sunday. Hoke, Tomlin said, it still experiencing weakness in his shoulder. Steve McLendon would likely make his first career start Sunday if Hampton and Hoke are unable to play.
    » Running back Mewelde Moore (ankle) and outside linebacker Jason Worilds (thigh) are expected to return this week after missing the past two games.
    Tomlin said Worilds' role against the Cardinals will be dictated by how he practices this week. Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons has been starting at right outside linebacker since James Harrison (eye) and Worilds, Harrison's backup, went down with injuries.
    » The Steelers signed nose tackle Elisha Joseph and safety Damon Cromartie-Smith to their practice squad Tuesday. They released former Gateway and West Virginia linebacker Mortty Ivy and running back Tristan Davis.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...edium=referral

PITTSBURGH -- A violent collision with Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew's churning knees won't be enough to keep Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu out of the lineup against Arizona Sunday.
    Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year is "good to go" after passing a concussion test. The team removed Polamalu from the game midway through the fourth quarter of Sunday's 17-13 win over the Jaguars because of concussion-like symptoms.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbwj2

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I know yaw like him, but we are much better with Legursky being out of the line up, hell Essex played much better at LG than Legursky. So this is good news for me GO STEELERS

What this line needs more than anything is to play together for more than a week at a time to build some unity, awareness, etc.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Just heard earlier tonight that Mike Wallace didnt practice today and his status for the game in Arizona Sunday at this point is still up in the air...

Thread Information