Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers players perplexed by hit-or-miss offense

Bookmark and Share
    they're not perplexed, . . . they're just unable to say what they really think.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    This team has no idenity on offense. Are they a running team? Passing team?? What are they?
    That is exactly it in a nutshell too. Sometimes I wonder if that explosive preseason was the worst thing that could have happened to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

If the conditions were calm and tranquil during the game and not 25 MPH winds, I would have cause for concern regarding the Steelers deep passing game. Ben over threw a few guys, but I give him a pass this week considering the conditions. It's only a few weeks away until Ben puts on the glove and IMO, he is a much better QB while wearing the glove (still burns my *** to this day why he took off the glove in the SB). They;re winning, the defense is slowly starting to come around and the offense hasn't even shown a hint of what they can be so far. Once they get it together (and they will), NFL BEWARE.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    That is exactly it in a nutshell too. Sometimes I wonder if that explosive preseason was the worst thing that could have happened to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    We need to go back to the vanilla offense, make it easy for mentally challenged Ben and BA. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, take what the D is giving you, exploit the other teams weaknesses and be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    "Gee, I just don't understand why being the most predictable offense in the NFL isn't working for us."

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree we an identity. I agree that BA is all over the place, since when is it good to go deep 10 times a game. Why abandon the slant in that has been working. Where were the passes over the middle. Why dont we screen pass anymore?

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    We need to go back to the vanilla offense, make it easy for mentally challenged Ben and BA. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, take what the D is giving you, exploit the other teams weaknesses and be consistent.
    That's exactly what they were doing. The Jaguars defense took away most of the short stuff, leaving their CBs one-on-one on our WRs deep. Seldom did the Jaguars have any safeties deep, particularly in the second half. Apparently their defense was playing the weather conditions. It didn't work for them in the first half, but it did in the second.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information