Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery should be given a chance

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Cotchery is a wasted signing as of now. I really think the guy can be just as productive, if not more productive than Ward but we all know he ain't going anywhere. We're simply too stacked at WR. I'm sure some teams would kill to have this problem. Trade him to the rams or something. Off topic, I really just cant wait till we see Wallace, Brown, and Sanders as the top 3 WR's on the roster. Maybe next year?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    E Sanders sits
    Thats what I was thinking. Miller has more receiving yards than he does.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Have you guys never thaught about how long a football season is ? has their ever been a season where a WR never missed a couple of games . I not hoping at all that a receiver gets injured ,but at some point in time most likely someone well miss some games .

I bet we will see Gotchery in there somewhere down the line and he is a mere dropoff to anyone . He can and will get the job done when called upon.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Have you guys never thaught about how long a football season is ? has their ever been a season where a WR never missed a couple of games . I not hoping at all that a receiver gets injured ,but at some point in time most likely someone well miss some games .

I bet we will see Gotchery in there somewhere down the line and he is a mere dropoff to anyone . He can and will get the job done when called upon.
    I hear ya, and your right. I was just answering the question, who do ya sit. Sanders is the lest productive WR so far this year.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    Cotchery is a wasted signing as of now. I really think the guy can be just as productive, if not more productive than Ward but we all know he ain't going anywhere. We're simply too stacked at WR. I'm sure some teams would kill to have this problem. Trade him to the rams or something. Off topic, I really just cant wait till we see Wallace, Brown, and Sanders as the top 3 WR's on the roster. Maybe next year?
    He signed for the veteran minimum, that is never a wasted signing.

The youth have been hit hard with no OTA's and mini-camps. No real chance to get the extra reps on the Pattern tree, but you would think as the season progresses, there would be more familiarity. Don't forget, Sanders missed allof preseason with the foot. He will come around, no doubt, but it would be nice to see "Cotch" in the game once in a while.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think he's a wasted signing at all, he came in knowing he wasn't going to be tops on the depth chart. The Steelers, just like any other team, are one play away from losing a WR to injury and if that happens then Jerricho will be ready to step in. We hope that doesn't happen but the way injuries have hit this team so far this year you can't take anything for granted.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't think he's a wasted signing at all, he came in knowing he wasn't going to be tops on the depth chart. The Steelers, just like any other team, are one play away from losing a WR to injury and if that happens then Jerricho will be ready to step in. We hope that doesn't happen but the way injuries have hit this team so far this year you can't take anything for granted.
    I agree with everything you said. After a second thought, he's not a wasted signing. I originally said that because he's much better than a backup WR and could very well be a starting WR for any team in this league. That was my thought process behind the statement. It's always nice to have good backups but remember, we have highly conditioned athletes at the WR position, as Tomlin would say. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him all year.

you guys are right we only throw bombs and he is strong at slants and cross routes... we probably wont see him... shame...

The guyneeds to see 5-10 snaps a game IMHO. Hes a playmaker I think, Why not rotate him and Ward?

Thread Information