Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more win to get here for the Steelers before a tough 3 game stretch...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

One more win to get here for the Steelers before a tough 3 game stretch...

I had made a thread on here a few weeks ago after the Steelers lost to the Texans and were 2-2 that they absolutely positively had to win the next 3 games coming up against the Titans and Jags at home and then followed by Arizona on the road and come out of that stretch at 5-2 before facing the Patriots and Ravens at home back to back weeks. Well so far 2 down and 1 to go. This game with the Cardinals this Sunday is another MUST win for the Steelers and a game they need to win period. As I have been saying on here for weeks the Ravens most likely now after their win against Houston yesterday will be 6-1 going into their rematch with the Steelers here on November 6th. They have the Jags and Cardinals up next on their schedule before they play the Steelers and while it would be great if one of them would somehow pull an upset I just dont see it at this point.

Also, this 2 game tough stretch looks like it's going to turn into a 3 game tough stretch seeing that the Bengals are up next for the Steelers after they play both the Patriots and Ravens on back to back weeks. The Bengals have a chance to be 5-2 after their bye week this coming week seeing that they have the Seahawks up next after their bye week. Plus, the Bengals defense is playing very well right now and the young QB Dalton is finding ways to win and at this moment playing mistake free football. Now we wont really know how good the Bengals are until they play the Steelers and Ravens back to back weeks in November but for the time being the Bengals are finding ways to be pesky and stay ahead of the Steelers in the standings with a 4-1 AFC Conference record to the Steelers 3-2.

So with that being said, this game in Arizona this Sunday will not be a gimmie game. The Cardinals have a good offense with Kolb and Fitzgerald and have guys that can hurt this Steelers defense. Plus, the Cardinals are also coming off their bye week and have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers and you know Whisenhunt is still hell bent on beating the Steelers from the Super Bowl loss almost 3 years ago. They will be ready come Sunday in Glendale and give the Steelers a battle. The Steelers need this game in Zona in the worst way. Coming out of this game at 5-2 as opposed to 4-3 with the Patriots,Ravens,and Bengals up next on the schedule will set the Steelers up very well to make a run at the division still and still have a legit shot at getting one of those top 2 seeds in the AFC. The Steelers simply hold their own fate in their hands with those 3 games the following week after they play Arizona. It will go a long long way in determining if the Steelers will win the divsion or even make the playoffs.

Honestly I think the Cowboys laid the blueprint for the rest of the league on how to beat the Pats..

Zona will not be an easy W this week, the team will actually have to play 4 qtrs of good ball!

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Belichick will have 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers since the Patriots are on their bye week this coming Sunday and the Pats I dont believe have ever lost a game under Belichick and Brady after their bye week since they both have been there. That game will be tough enough to win already without that lingering stat being there. But youre right Latrobe first things first gotta get out of Arizona with a win on Sunday and it wont be an easy thing to do. The Cardinals are a better home team then they are road team and you know that Whiz and company with 2 weeks to prepare for this game will be ready to play...

Brady needs to get hit often. and welker needs to get smacked on the line every play.
    then maybe we have a chance.. if welker is running around with no contact and were playing him 15 yards off scrimmage, this game is over before it even starts.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Honestly I think the Cowboys laid the blueprint for the rest of the league on how to beat the Pats..

Zona will not be an easy W this week, the team will actually have to play 4 qtrs of good ball!
    Agreed about the Dallas blueprint. The reason being is Rob Ryan. The same holds true for when he coached at Cleveland and also Rex gives the Pats fits too.

Draft Pick
    I would be content at 6-4 going into the bye and I honestly think that's what we will be

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Brady needs to get hit often. and welker needs to get smacked on the line every play.
    then maybe we have a chance.. if welker is running around with no contact and were playing him 15 yards off scrimmage, this game is over before it even starts.
    I fear we' won't change anything, we should have done similar to the Packers in the SB and that never happened, so I'm not holding my breath.

The blueprint is to play physical with their WRs and only rush 4 or 5 with great coverage. Force Brady to hold the ball until protection breaks down

My pre-season prediction was that we go 5-4 losing to the ravens again and the pats and then win the last 7 to finish 12-4. Even if they drop one in the last 7 games then 11-5 should get a wildcard, can't remember the last time 11-5 didn't get you into the playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    can't remember the last time 11-5 didn't get you into the playoffs.
    2008. NE Patriots under Matt Cassel. Finished 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs. Lost the division tie-breaker to the Fish and the wildcard tiebreaker to the Ratbirds.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...&split=Overall

Thread Information